Trick and Treat

CHAPTER 5

TWO WEEKS LATER

After a disastrous reception party everyone was determined to try harder so as to keep their fake marriage a secret.
Two weeks later Avinash's lawyer called and informed them about their appointment and hence the legal procedure started.

"I need to rush back to my office. Ridhsie, Are you coming?" Gautam asked hurriedly.

"Of course." Riddhima said and approached the car, after biding her goodbye.

"Sweetheart, would you like me to drop you somewhere?" Gautam asked Sneha with a smirk.

"Thank you very much, dear husband. But I have my own car." She said sweetly yet sarcastically. "I'm running late, goodbye." And was the first one to leave.

He chuckled and got in the car with Riddhima and left after Sneha.

"Mayank can you drop Nidhi? I have a meeting." Avinash said.

"No problem." Mayank replied.

Avinash was about to leave, when Nidhi called him. "Avinash? What time should I expect you,today?" she asked timidly.

"Don't." He answered in a business tone and was climbing in his car when she called again.
"Wait! What do you mean? We need to leave for Udaipur today."

"I have meetings lined up Nidhi. Mark will take you." He said and climbed in his car. She saw his car vanishing and sighed.

"Shall we?" Mayank polity asked.

"Ya, sorry." She smiled weakly and Mayank like a gentleman opened the door for her to climb in, and then took his seat.

It's been two weeks, and they developed a good bond of friendship.

"So? What do you wanna do today?" Mayank asked searching his box.

Every night it's a tradition for them to do something crazy. First it was difficult for her to believe that a man like him would share her crazy interests and ideas, but when he opened his years old treasure box she gasped when she saw a box full of board games!!

"Umm... let's try something new!" She said excitedly.

"And??" He raised his eyebrow.

"Hide and Seek!!!" She said and clapped her hands.

"And then Ankh mai choli!!" He jumped on his feet. "I'll count, you hide!"

That night they forgot the world and the house was full of laughter. They bid their goodbyes at 3 a.m. to attain some decent sleep, or maybe to avoid angry Riddhima bagging their door, all over again.

"So, Udaipur, huh?" He asked to break the awkward silence that was lingering inside the car.

"Best friend's wedding. You know, I hate shopping but I spent last two weeks doing the same, and now.. I don't think, that I'll go with Mark." She said and had a sad smile, at the memory of her childhood with Arav.

"I know that it mind sound crazy, but I'm attending a weeding in Udaipur as well. I'm leaving tomorrow morning." He said.

"Oh..Is it? Where exactly?" She questioned.

"Chunda Palace." He said.

"No way!!"

"What happened??" He asked, worriedly.

"You are invited to...??" She ignored his question and asked again.

"Arav Mittal's wedding." He said.