Reunion

CHAPTER 26

2 Months Later

Mayank stood near the door, all ready in his crisp suit, watching the peaceful sleeping figure in front of his eyes

Mayank stood near the door, all ready in his crisp suit, watching the peaceful sleeping figure in front of his eyes. Such a heavenly sight for him and after her revelation past night, it was really difficult for him to leave his wife alone.

Last Night.

"Nidhi?" Mayank entered the house but the house was desterted, all the lights were switched off. 'Maybe she is with Riddhima, after all it's her big day tomorrow, or Maybe with her two months pregnant friend.' So he planned to call her, but the ring was audible from their bedroom, strange.
"Nidhi?" He lightly pushed thebdior but the room was also dark, only a dim light that was coming from their bathroom as the door was ajar.

He heard someone sniffing.
"Nidhi?" He called again but his tone was full of worry.
She was sitting in an empty bath tub, curled up like a ball and crying.

"Hey.." He sat next to her in the tub and took her in his arms. "What's wrong?" He asked and she pulled him closer to herself.

"Baby, you need to tell me." He asked again and moved her strands of hair away from her face.

She handed him a small pen, showing two blue lines and looked intently towards him.

He took the pen and frowned.

"I'm pregnant." She softly said and covered her face, crying harder.

"Hey..." He caught her hands and removed them from her face. "Why are you crying then? You don't ....want... this baby?" He asked, hoping against it, because all his muscles and bones and all his senses were dancing inside on this news.

"I don't know... isn't it too early?" She glanced towards him with hopeful eyes.

"The baby is not coming tomorrow, it will take at least 9 months as far as I know." He joked.

She smiled and moved her head. "My business just started. We have our first photo shoot tomorrow and then our honeymoon. We just started with our marriage... and then this baby.."

"What do you want then?"

"What do you want?"

He caught her hands with a smile. "Honestly, I'm happy. Extremely happy, and the baby will bring only joy to our lives. We can plan our things as we were doing before. You can carry on with your business, I'm there to support you. Our honeymoon will remain the same, I will take care of you. I'm there with you, in whatever you decide. I promise."

She smiled beautifully, "I guess its time for us to search for baby names then."

"It is." He said and kissed her, and they made love in the bath tub itself.