Midnight Conversation

It was 12:30 a.m. I couldn't sleep. I laid in bed next to Adalind, the mother of of my son but not my wife, tossing and turning, trying to fall asleep, but nothing was working. Finally, I gave in. I got up to get something to eat. Adalind must have heard me because she followed my to the kitchen.
   "Something wrong?" She asked rubbing her eyes.
   "No. Just having trouble sleeping, is all." I said pouring my self a glass of water.
    "Me too." She said grabbing a glass. I poured her some water and she drank it in one gulp. She pulled out a chair from the dining table, sat down, and let out a sad and quiet sigh.
     "What's wrong?" I asked.
    "I just can't help but feel like everything that's happened is my fault. If I wasn't so keen on getting revenge for what you had done to me, none of this would of ever happened. I just keep thinking that this is somehow all my fault." She said, tearing up just a little bit. I walked over to her, pulled out another chair, sat down, and looked at her. I pushed her chin up and wiped her tears away.
   "Look at me.  Whatever happened between us is in the past. Yes we all made mistakes, but that doesn't mean we can't fix them. Right?" I said looking her straight in the eyes.
     "Right." She smiled.
     "Plus, I got two of the most amazing things from our mistakes. I got Kelly, who is my entire life, and for the first time since Juliet, I'm happy." I said pulling her close. I looked deep into her dark brown eyes, leaned in, and kissed her passionately. A month ago I never would have thought of doing anything like this, but now I couldn't  have been more ready. As we broke apart, she looked at me, completely speechless, trying to figure out what to say. I took that chance to tell her how I really felt.
       "I honestly can't imagine what my life would be like if you hadn't been a part of it. You actually made my life a little better." I chuckled. She was still speechless. I stood up, pushed in my chair, and nodded my head.
      "Come on. Let's go to bed." I grabbed her hand and held inside mine. We walked to the bedroom and got in bed. Usually, when we lay in bed together, it's a little awkward, but tonight, for the first time since we started raising Kelly, it was actually really nice. After she got in bed, I put my arm around her and she nuzzled her head on my chest. I kissed her head and we both finally dozed off, sleeping peacefully the rest of the night.

So...what do you guys think? It's only the beginning. There will be more to come, but I want a little feedback first!! Thank you!!!!