Unfinished Sentences

Nick stood up and walk over to Kelly who was sleeping in his car seat. Nick rocked the car seat as he processed everything he just found out. His mind was reeling at the fact that someone was targeting his family and he didn't know who it was. Adalind walked over to him and held his hand.

"Nick, are you okay?" She asked. Nick wanted to reply that he was, but he knew that Adalind would see right through that.

"No. Someone is messing with you and Kelly and I can't do anything about because I don't even know who it is." He replied.

"It's okay", Adalind cupped his face in her hands, "I know you will find who is doing this and stop them. I believe in you." Without thinking, Nick leaned and kissed Adalind for what felt like the first time in forever. They broke apart after a few seconds and touched foreheads. Nick was now ready to take down the bastard who was coming after his family.

"Adalind, I need you and Kelly to stay here with Rosalee and Monroe so I know that you're both safe." Nick said as walked to the door of the spice shop.

"What about you? Where are you going?" Adalind asked.

"Precinct. I'm going to do everything I can to bring this guy down." He replied. As reached for the door handle, he was pulled back by Adalind. He turned around. Adalind looked him in the eyes.

"Please, be careful." She said. Nick took a deep breathe.

"Adalind, there's something I need to tell you. If something happens or something goes wrong, I need to you to know that I-"

Beep. Beep. Beep.

Nick's phone went off. It was Wu.

Precinct. Now.

"Damn it", He whispered, "I have to go. Be safe." Nick turned around, opened the door, got in his car, and left for the precinct.

Thanks for being so patient with me!! I know this chapter is little bit shorter than usual but hopefully the next one will be a more normal length. Hope you enjoyed the chapter!!