DNA

Adalind and Kelly are gone. These words echoed inside Nicks head as he tried to figure out what to do next. He paced around his desk with his phone in his hand, Rosalee still on the line. He put the phone up to his ear.

Nick: Rosalee, I need you to listen to me very carefully. Do not touch anything. I'm coming over.

Nick hung up and put his phone in his pocket. He grabbed his coat and started towards the exit of the precinct. As he turned the corner, he ran into Wu.

"Woah!" Wu said putting his hand on Nick's shoulders. He was going to ask Nick if everything was alright, but he could tell from the look on Nick's face that something was wrong, "What's wrong?"

"It's...Adalind", Nick hesitated, "She's been kidnapped, for real this time."

"Oh man. I'm so sorry." Wu replied.

"Thank you. Look, I really have to go." Nick said with a sense of urgency.

"Yeah. Of, course. I just wanted to let you know we got the security footage from the fifth store and we're going through it now. I'll let you know if we find anything." Wu said.

"Thank you." Nick replied as he patted Wu's shoulder.

"You're welcome. Now go." Wu replied. Without hesitation, Nick ran to his car and drove to Rosalee's house within minutes. He walked up to the door which looked like it had been kicked in. He walked inside the store and looked around. Broken glass and shelves were everywhere. Broken bottles and spices were all over the floor. Nick was most concerned with the blood drops by Kelly's empty car seat. He rushed over and touched the car seat, picturing Kelly sitting in it and laughing. He stood there for a minute until he heard Rosalee come from the back.

"Nick!" She ran over to him.

"Rosalee." He hugged her. Rosalee hugged him back.

"What happened?" Nick asked breaking apart the hug.

"It all happened so quickly, Nick. I was with Adalind in the back talking, Monroe was upfront just cleaning, and Kelly was sleeping. Next thing I know, the door is kicked down by some guy with a gun. Obviously, Monroe and I intervened, but he was really strong. We fought him off as much as he could but he got Adalind and Kelly. I'm so sorry, Nick." Rosalee replied. Nick stood there awhile trying to process everything that had happened.

"Okay. Umm...did you get a look at him? Anything I can use to identify him?" Nick asked breathing heavily.

"No, Nick. I'm sorry. He was literally covered, head to toe, in black." Rosalee replied.

"Like this?" Nick pulled out his phone and should Rosalee a picture of the man from the security tapes.

"Yah. That's him. I'm sorry. I wish I could be more help." Rosalee replied.

"Great. Adalind and Kelly are gone and I know who took them but I have nothing to identify him with." Nick said angrily.

"I wouldn't say nothing." Monroe said walking in from the back.

"What are talking about?" Nick asked.

"In the midst of the fight, while Rosalee was trying to protect Adalind and Kelly, I scratched the guy on the arm. Hard." Monroe replied.

"How hard?" Nick asked.

"Hard enough to get his DNA under my finger nails. I can literally feel it." Monroe said as he messed with his fingers.

"This is great but I have no idea how to get it to the lab. I don't have time to call CSU, and--" Nick was cut off by Rosalee.

"Why don't you process him here?" Rosalee asked.

"Me? Here? In the spice shop?" Nick asked.

"Yeah, why not? I mean, I'm pretty sure we have everything you need. Gloves, Q-tips, plastic bags. Unless you want to explain this to CSU." Rosalee responded. Nick thought about their current condition for a several minutes before responding.

"Alright. Rosalee, get me the supplies. Monroe, go sit down." Nick ordered.

"Got it." Rosalee replied. Monroe went and sat down in a chair. Rosalee went to the back and came back with a kit. She handed it to Nick, who set it on the table next to them. Nick pulled out the gloves and put on them on. He grabbed Monroe's hand and examined them, to the see the extent of DNA under the nails. For the next five minutes, Nick swabbed Monroe's hand, and used tweezers to get everything out from under his fingernails. Several swabs later, Nick finished.

"Alright. I have to get these to Wu." Nick said standing up and grabbing the several baggies filled with swabs and DNA. He walked to the door and stopped. He turned around and looked at Rosalee and Monroe, "Thank you."

He walked out the door to his car and drove to the precinct.

Hey guys!! New chapter! Yayy!!! Just a heads up this is about to get really evidency and really police related and I am trying my best with writing this. It's a lard harder than it looks to write out a crime but just bare with me as I figure this out. I'm trying, I promise!!! Thanks again! I'm off to write the next chapter!! - shmkk14😊😊