Chapter 4 - Wait, What?!

Hiii! Happy 1st of February... I think you know what that means ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

It's Harry Styles' birthday he's turning 3 today, he's still a small lil' tadpole ♥

Anyways, a couple things

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 200 READS!!! To some people, it's not a lot but to me, it's my first story and to even think that 200 people have read this story is like unreal.

ALSO, 11 votes! Okay, that's a lot for only like 3-4 parts. Thank you so much! Now, to the story!

A Week Later

I walk to school, and i'm feeling better... I guess. Actually, not really. But who cares. I inhale deeply, the morning air makes me feel... refreshed. I smile and walk to school, hoping today would be somewhat better than last week. It's Monday and it's quite sunny but it's usually sunny in Los Angeles anyways. I open the main doors to the school and walk through the crowded people in the hallways to my locker. Everyone was in their own little world, either on their phone or interacting with others.

***

I hear the bell ring and rush to my locker. Lunch! Finally, I haven't seen Ally or Dinah all day since they weren't in any of my classes today. I take my lunch out of my locker and make my way to the cafeteria where we would meet up, and find somewhere else to eat since the cafeteria is almost always way too packed. I see them looking around and I make my way to them quickly. I approached them and they see me. "So, where do you guys wanna sit?" Dinah asks while looking around for somewhere for us to sit. Since she's only been our friend for about a week i'm guessing she usually sits in the cafeteria. "Well, actually we usually sit outside since it's less crowded and noisy. Sometimes we also go to Lauren's or a little park down the road where nobody goes to anymore and sit at the picnic table over there." Ally suggests. I just nod in agreement, we like more quiet places where we can talk normally and don't have to talk loudly for someone to hear you. After agreeing to walking to the park, we head there. We walk to the park together and sit at the picnic table. I sit and begin to eat my sandwich I had packed this morning as Ally and Dinah begin unpacking their lunches.

"So, Lauren have you been meeting any new boys lately?" Ally jokes and I just laugh and shake my head.

"Well, we found a boy you might like. He's really quiet and likes to read, he's just like you." Dinah  smirks at Ally and I just roll my eyes.

"I'm not really looking for a relationship right now." I shrug since I wasn't really into them at the moment. I had more important things to focus on like softball, school, occasionally singing, etc.

"Oh cmon! you've been so stressed lately. You need to just get out more and talk to new people! Please!" Ally pleads with her puppy dog eyes and I just bite my lip uncomfortably, pausing for a little while.

"G-guys..." I say quietly while looking down.

"I need to tell you something." I begin to get nervous and my palms start to sweat like crazy.

"Sure, you can tell us anything." Ally says curiously and urges me to go on.

"N-no I can't do this... never mind." I sigh, giving up. I don't think I was ready.

Ally and Dinah look at each other, with a hint of concern and worry.

"I mean... Okay I guess. You can tell us when you're ready." Dinah said unsure and uncomfortably since she obviously wanted to know.

"We won't judge you or anything, we're your friends. Just know we're here for you." Ally says in a motherly tone.

"O-okay, well, you guys promise you won't treat me differently... right?" I say a little unsure.

Ally and Dinah nod quickly and I continue. Okay, Lauren. Just say it! They won't judge you and it'll feel so much better to get this weight off of yourself.

"Okay but you promise not to tell anyone?" I ask since I would tell them myself when I was more ready. These were the first people i'd be telling. I inhale and exhale more quick, feeling panicked.

Ally rubs my back, assuring me everything's fine. "Don't worry, we're you're friends. You can trust us." Ally nods.

Okay, enough stalling and holding back... I'm just gonna go for it. Just spit it out!

"I-I don't think the only gender I'm into is guys..."