Chapter 9

I wrote this entire intro and accidentally deleted it... but what I wanted to say is I'm so so so so so so so so SORRY I haven't updated in forever! I promise I'm back for good and since last chapter I said I'd give a double update if I wasn't gonna be here for a while, I did that! Chapter 10 is here! And also, thank you for the endless support! It really does mean the absolute world to me! I love you guys so much! And before I recap I just wanna say I'm writing from my phone for the first time so I'm sorry for any typos

Recap

"Well, it was nice meeting you. Call me if you need anything, okay?" I said before leaving. Although I knew he probably wasn't gonna call me, I didn't care. I just wanted to know that he was doing fine.

***

Lauren's P.O.V.

        I checked out of the hospital with my best friends by my side. It felt great to be out of that horrible place with disgusting food. I had to wear my cast on my arm for three months until I could take it off, I didn't complain about it because I was forever grateful that someone had saved my life. It could have been terribly tragic. I happily walked home with Ally and Dinah and once we got there, I opened the door for them. We had decided to have a girl's night like usual since it was my first day out of the hospital. We walked inside and I walked into my mums room while Ally had to call her mum and tell her she was staying the night at my place while Dinah's parents were still on a business trip. I found my mum in her room where I she was sitting on her bed, looking at her laptop. She looked up quickly once she felt another presence in the room and her facial expression dramatically changed.
"Lauren?" My mum excitedly questioned as she pulled me in for a hug I had been longing for.
"Yes mum, it's me!" I laughed and wrapped my arms around her like there was no tomorrow.
"Baby, I'm so sorry I left the hospital early! I should've stayed. I didn't know they had let you check out my dear!" My mum said and sighed in relief, knowing that I was fine.
"Mum, it's okay! I am okay." I laughed and pulled away from our hug.
"Are the girls here? Shall I make cookies for them?" My mum asked and smiled with the biggest smile I have ever seen in a while. It reminded me about how much I guess I really did mean to her. Sometimes I take my own mum for granted sometimes. Dad is always working and out of the country so I only have my mum most of the time and she's always here for me.
"Yes, they're here... but, I need to tell you something." I said and felt the nerves bubble up in me again. I didn't want to worry my mother but I knew I had to tell her sooner or later.
"Yes, anything, Lauren." My mother looked at me, paying full attention.

         Well, this is it. I should just tell her... it needs to be done sooner or later. She would accept me, right? She has to. I'm her child. I really hope she accepts me for who I am... I run a hand through my hair and sigh quietly.
"Lauren, what's wrong? You're worrying me again." Mum says in a concerned tone.
"Mom, I'm bisexual." I whisper in a quiet tone and gulp. Well, I said it, at least she knows now. I didn't dare look up to see her face. I didn't want to disappoint her for who I was.
"Lauren," My mum said quietly and pulled me in for another hug.
"Darling, I am so proud of you for telling me. I am happy for you! If this is who you are, you be proud. I only want you to be happy. I love you! I'm your mother and I will support you." My mum kisses my cheek softly and I smile, looking up.
"Really mum? Thank you. I love you too." I smile. I can't believe it was easier than I thought. I'm so glad she accepts me. I couldn't even begin to think of how relieved I was. I guess things really are looking up today.

***

Ally and Dinah were currently devouring my mum's cookies.
"Ms. Jauregui, you really do make the best cookies." Dinah says and takes a huge bite of the chocolate cookie my mum always makes. She kisses her fingertips and puckers her lips.
"Muah! I love them!" Dinah laughs.
"Oh, they're my pleasure and please, call me Clara!" My mum smiles.
"Wow, they really are the best in the world." Ally chimes in.
I laugh at my adorably goofy friends as I unlock my phone. I haven't been on my phone in a few days since they're not permitted at the hospital. I check all my notifications but Instagram really caught my eye. I had quite a lot of notifications. A lot of people from school were just asking saying things to make me feel better after the accident and leaving super supportful comment about it which made me feel better. I replied to some comments with things like 'thank you, I'm doing just fine.'. I opened my DM's and also replied to others. A specific one caught my eye. Who in the world was Camila Cabello? I open the chat and read the messages. I don't remember talking to this girl at all. A look of confusion covers my facial expression as I reply.

@laurenjauregui - I'm sorry, who is this?

I reply with and lock my phone before putting it back into my back pocket and talk to my friends again.

***

        "Alright Lauren, truth or dare?" Ally asks with a sinister look on her face.
"Well with that face, definitely truth." I giggle.
"Ooh, okay. How's that little Camila girl of yours? Have you talked to her recently?" Ally smirks and gives Dinah a high five.
"And give us all the juicy details!" Dinah butts in.
"Huh?" Is my first response. Ally and Dinah look at each other quickly and then at me.
"What do you mean, 'huh'? Just last week you seemed to be gushing over her through text! Don't play dumb, missy!" Ally sassily snaps back.
"Okay, well, first of all, do not get sassy with me. And second, I don't know who you're talking about!" I roll my eyes.
"I swear." I cross my arms. Ally and Dinah knew I was dead serious by the look on my face. I almost never lie to them, either.
Ally and Dinah whispered to each other and gave each other looks for a good few minutes until finally saying something.
"You know, you talked to her on Instagram! That girl! You know who we are talking about! Seriously, don't prank us on this one." Dinah and Ally say almost at the same time. They were scary alike.
"Fine, why don't I take out my phone and show you! I don't know a Camila!" I groan, not knowing why they didn't believe me. I show them my DM's and they grab my phone.
"This girl!" They tap on the chat with the username @camila_cabello and show me.

CHAPTER NINE COMPLETED! I hope you guys enjoy this chapter, I'll be working hard the rest few weeks of summer before school to get this to as many chapters as possible! Love you guys so much. The support means so much to me, I love you all! Also, if you want, compliment the person who comments above you! Let's spread some positivity :).
Love you guys, xo! And I also hope you enjoy Chapter 10!