Chapter 7 - Hospitals

Hi! I just wanted to say thank you for all the support! I honestly can't believe people actually read my stories. I really wanted to thank @omgiitsariana and @PotatoesArePeople and who can forget the other people I mentioned in previous chapters?

Also, if you want - Comment your favorite song because I need some new songs to listen to :)

ON WITH THE STORY

Ally's POV

     I woke up at around 6 in the morning to an alarm blaring through the room, waking up Dinah and myself. I groan softly, turning it off and get up and stretching as Dinah went back to sleep.

"Dinah, you can't sleep. We told Lauren we'd be by her side when she wakes up, remember?" I ask and try to pull her by the arm and Dinah tries to ignore me.

"It's so early, go back to sleep." Dinah says sleepily. I roll my eyes and shake my head.

"If you are not awake by the time I am finished getting ready, I'm leaving you here." I walk into the washroom and begin taking my shower as the sun starts to rise

     I finish after a little bit, I then wash my face and brush my teeth. After, I put on some makeup before walking back to where Dinah was and she's nowhere in sight. Just as I was about to call her name, I heard the tap turn on in the washroom which probably meant that she was in the washroom. I just sigh and quickly change my clothes. I had left some clothes at Dinah's since I had come to her house a lot, and we'd have lots of sleepovers, so I basically left a spare of everything I needed here. I then go downstairs to make get myself some cereal as I wait for Dinah to get ready.

***

After a while, Dinah comes downstairs as soon as I finish my breakfast. I put my bowl in the sink and wash it.

"About time you woke up." I mumble and she grabs a quick snack before we take her car to the hospital. We stop by a party store on the way and get her a "get well soon" balloon filled with helium. We also buy her a card and some chocolates. Dinah and I split the bill before getting back into Dinah's car. Once we got into her car, I heard my phone ring. I had gotten a call from my parents. I had totally forgot to tell them that I had slept over at Dinah's. I quickly pick up the call.

"Hello?" I ask.

"Ally? Are you alright? Honey, we were so worried about you. We heard the news about Lauren... we're so sorry. Where are you?" My mum's voice rang through my phone.

"I'm fine, and I'm so sorry that I forgot to tell you that I slept at Dinah's. I'm on my way to the hospital with Dinah." I say as Dinah keeps her eyes on the road.

"Oh, alright but please tell us next time instead of making me worried! Also, you're alright, right? Because I know that Dinah's parents are on a business trip." My mum says and I just laugh and shake my head.

"I already told you, I'm fine. I'll see you later today, alright? I have to go now, bye." I say before my mum says her goodbye and I hang up.

***

We soon arrive at the hospital and ask for Lauren Jauregui's room number before heading inside. We smile and open the door quietly and set the balloon down, putting the chocolates and the card down on the small nightstand beside her. We put the chocolate and card on top of the balloon so it would be held down. We didn't want to wake Lauren, so we waited until she woke up.

***

After a few hours, Dinah and I sat beside Lauren's bed on the chairs and we were just looking around until we heard her move a bit before opening her eyes. I smile "Good morning, Lauren. We got you a little gift." I say softly since I didn't want to startle her because she had just woken up. She quickly looks over to us and looks very confused before remembering who we were. "Oh... right, thanks." She mumbles softly.

"Hey, you alright?" Dinah asks since she would usually be happy to see us. She seemed to be confused.

"Um, I'm fine." She says quite unsure. I was honestly was a bit concerned, so I went to call for a nurse. Soon enough, one comes and asks Lauren a bunch of questions about her family, friends, and asking about how much she remembers. We decided to wait outside.

Lauren's POV

     All I remembered was a bit of last night and this morning, it took me quite a while to answer these questions and I didn't know about one or two of them. I can only remember my friends, family, and how I got here. Of course, I remembered other things, but not much. I was still a little confused and had some trouble processing memories.

Dinah's POV

We waited in the waiting room and looked at each other, we were concerned about Lauren and had no idea what was up with her. After a couple of minutes, the nurse came and spoke to us.

"You friend seems to have lost some of her memory, it's not serious, though. She has only lost some, and she has a bit of trouble remembering, but she luckily remembers many things and she can't seem to remember a couple days back, but other than that, she is fine." He says and looks at his clipboard. We thank him for telling us the report and then he nods and scurries off to help another patient since the hospital was very busy.

THIS IS A SHITTY CHAPTER BUT I'LL TRY AND MAKE THE NEXT ONE BETTER! AGAIN, THANKS FOR ALL THE SUPPORT! I really enjoy reading the comments and I always try to reply to each and every one of them. If you have any suggestions or ideas, leave them below. Also, comment your favorite song because yes, I am just that creepy and want to know. I'm not naming this chapter because I don't know what to name it, if you have an idea, feel free to comment it! xo