Chapter 3: Not Feeling Well

Tomorrow school starts and I have to face Dylan and Vanessa. I wanna be invisible, I grab my phone to search anything about being invisible but all there is are Harry Potter recommendations and witchcraft websites. I pull my hair in so much annoyance.

"I'm going insane." I slam my phone face down on my bed. "Can I just skip tomorrow?" I think to myself. If I did mom and dad will ask me why, I can't tell them that its because of I like my best friend's boyfriend and I wanted to avoid them.

I retrieve my phone next to me. I wanted to forget about being heartbroken even if I don't really have the right to be. I opened my facebook and just as I did, I was welcomed by Vanessa's new profile picture, its her being kissed on the cheek by Dylan.

I felt tears building up on my eyes. My vision started to blur and tears finally roll down my cheeks. "This sucks!" I mumbled frustrated. The radio randomly played a song that triggered my emotions more.

How do I,
Get through one night without you?
If I had to live without you,
What kind of life would that be?
Oh, I...

"Why?" I ask glaring at the radio.

I need you in my arms, need you to hold,
You're my world, my heart, my soul,
If you ever leave,
Baby you would take away everything good in my life,
And tell me now
How do I live without you?
I want to know,
How do I breathe without you?
If you ever go,
How do I ever, ever survive?

"What is that terrible song?" Nate entered my room. I quickly turn around to wipe my tears.

"Nate, please leave." I said not bothering to look at him.

"Are you okay? Do you have a cold?" He enters my room and sits down next to me on the bed. He pulls some of my hair off my face. "Your eyes are kinda puffy and your voice is different."

"I'm kinda not feeling well." I lied

"I'll get Mom to give you that yucky medicine." He made a disgusted expression.

I shook my head. "I'm okay, no need to call Mom, I'll just sleep on it."

"Okay." He simply nodded and pulled something out of his pocket. "Here, I always like eating chocolates when I feel sick." He gives a kitkat.

"Thank you." I said glancing at the chocolate now in my hand before looking at him.

"If you want more just tell me." He says offering me a smile.

"It's fine." I said. He nodded in response. "I'll be fine."

He somehow hesitated to leave my room but I assure him that I'll be alright and he finally left. He even agreed to not tell mom about me.

My phone rings, I didn't want to answer it for it might be Vanessa. Even though I know her if I don't pick up she'll never going to stop either way until I do. I finally glance on my phone screen and when I saw Serena's name flashed, I tap the screen to answer it.

"Took you long enough!" Serena exclaims ftom the other line as I finally answered her call.

"Sorry, I'm not feeling well. Can you just call some other time." I inform her.

"Shut up! I know about Dylan and Vanessa, so cut the crap." I can imagine Serena rolling her eyes at me.

"How?" I ask her furrowing my brow.

"I'm looking at them right now, all lovey dovey and shit." She sounded disgusted.

"Where?" I ask her again.