Chapter 4: Stupid Girl

I was awake 30 minutes before my alarm even rings. I stayed in my bed thinking of different scenarios that could happen at school that would involve Dylan and Vanessa. I covered my face with a pillow.

"This is stupid." I mumble under the pillow.

"Knock! Knock!" Dad speaks while knocking.

I take the pillow away. "Whose there?" I asks.

Dad opens my bedroom door. "The most handsome Dad in the world." He said.

"The most handsome Dad in the world, Who?" I shook my head as I push myself up to sit down.

"Me!" He happily answered pointing his finger at himself. I chuckle from his action. "Get up now. I know you don't want to miss the first day of school."

"Totally the opposite." I muttered to myself.

"Saying something?" He raise his brow to wait for me to repeat what I said.

"I said, shower first." I take the blanket away from my body and quicjly got up the bed. "Don't want to stink the whole day."

"Okay, just come down after to eat breakfast. I made some waffles." He informs then left my room.

After preparing myself to school. I took my bag and finally went down to get some breakfast. Just as I enter the room, dad was already taking his coat that was hanging on his chair.

"Leaving already?" Mom ask as she looks at my dad now putting on his coat.

"I need to go to work early. He just texted." Dad showing the text message at my mother. Mom quickly stands taking a sandwich bag from the drawer and putting in some waffles.

"Take this with you." Mom sealing it and handing it to my dad. "You can eat it on the way to your office."

"Thank you." He slides it inside his bag. "I'll go ahead." He peck my mom's cheek. "I'll see you guys later." He blew a kiss towards us before leaving for the door.

"Morning Skye." Mom greeted as she saw me standing by the entry way.

"Morning." I greeted back and proceed to sit down next to my brother. Mom pour in some milk on my glass and place a plate of waffles in front of me. "Thank you."

"Sure." She gave me warm smile.

"Mommy, I'm done." Nate announces next to me as he shove the last slice of waffle in his mouth.

"Finish that first." Mom pointed at Nate's mouth as he chew. "Brush your teeth and get your school bag." She says.

"Do I have too?" Nate frowns as he complains.

"Brush your teeth or get your bag?" Mom raising a brow at my little brother.

"I think both." I answered pointing my fork.

She rolls her eyes at my answer as I chuckle at her reaction. "Go ahead and do as I say." She says to Nate. "if not all your teeth will come falling off and people will not like you because you don't know anything about school. Do you want that?"

"I don't want that!" Nate run instantly to the bathroom. "Brushing!" He yelled out informing.

"Works everytime." Mom winking at me as she takes Nate's empty plate to the sink.

"What about with me?" I ask pointing to myself.

She leans her back at the sink. "No, you even used to be the one to remind me about brushing your teeth. You just popped next to me with a toothbrush already on your hand." She chuckles from the memory.