Chapter 9: V

I was waiting for Vanessa at our favorite diner. I am definitely looking forward on spending time with her for I miss my best friend. I've already ordered her favorite double patty cheese burger and coke as a little surprise, I even ordered one for myself. I saw her enter with Dylan by her side.

I was surprise to see Dylan, it was supposed to be just the two of us to do some catching ups. She saw me waiting at the booth we always sit in. I wave at the both of them.

"Sorry we're late. Dylan was so..." She was all over him like someone's going to snatch him. "Oh, you have someone with you too?" She asks as she saw the food on the table.

"I ordered it for you. It's your favorite." I said pointing at the burger.

She scrunch her nose looking at the food on the table. "I'm Vegan now. I don't eat meat anymore." She says taking a seat in front of me and pushing the food away. "And only pineapple juice, no soft drinks."

"Sorry, I didn't know." I said biting on my inner cheek.

"I'll eat it." Dylan pulling the plate of burger towards him. "I'm such a meat lover." He says. I know he was just trying to make me feel better.

"Whatever." Vanessa rolling her eyes at Dylan who just took a huge bite at the burger. " I need to order. Where's the waiter?" Vanessa looking around. "Excuse me!" Marissa one of the waitress approach our table.

"Hi." She said smiling. "Long time no see." She takes a notepad and pen from her apron pocket. "How's summer?"

"Good." I replied with the same smile.

"Right." Vanessa rolling her eyes at Marissa and I's small exchange of conversation. "Okay, I want one vegetable salad and a pineapple juice with only 3 ice in it."

"Anything else?" Marissa scribbling Vanessa's order. 

"Are you saying I should eat more? Are you trying to sabotage my figure?" Vanessa ask turning Marissa's question out of the context with a raised brow.

"She's just doing her job." Dylan said to Vanessa. "That would be all, Thanks." Dylan politely dismissed the waitress.

"I'm sorry Marissa." I muttered to her before she left.

"Why did you have to say sorry?" Vanessa ask me with an annoyed expression.

"Because she did nothing wrong but you accused her." I said defending my action.

"Are saying that I'm the bad person here?" Her voice raised from the question.

"Not like that." I said shaking my head.

"I know you meant it like that. Are you that jealous of me Skye?" She smirk accusingly.

"What?" I ask in confusion.

"Vanessa." Dylan grabs her hand trying to stop her. "What is wrong with you?"

"I'm sorry." She apologized immediately. "I didn't know what has gotten into me, maybe I'm just stressed out." She explains massaging her temples to calm herself.

"Maybe we should just cancel today." I said with worry.

"But we're suppose to catch up." She furrowed her brows acting sad.

"It's fine. We'll do it next time." I told her. "Go and rest."

"Okay." She gently stands while Dylan helps her.

"Wait." Dylan pulling his wallet out of his jeans.

"It's okay." I said waving my hand not accepting his payment.