Chapter 10: Ice Cream

I entered the back seat of Jake's car. "Good Morning!" I greeted them as I close the car's door.

"Morning Beautiful." Jake blowing a kiss from the rearview mirror. "We are wearing matching color, isn't it cute?"

"I don't know." I said shrugging my shoulder.

"Why don't you just admit to yourself that you want me too?" Jake seductively licks his lower lip. I cringe at the sight.

"Just Shut up and drive, Lover boy!" Serena slapping Jake on his forehead. "And like how many times have I told you to stop hitting on her." She rolls her eyes at him.

"Until she admits that she likes me." He winks at me but began to drive us to school.

"Whatever." Serena said to him. "Before I forget because of this stupid person next to me." She hands me an invitation.

I took it from her and opened it. "Birthday?"

"Yes, You are invited to my birthday!" Serena exclaims clapping her hands excitedly. "And I want your Mom to bake my cake, Red Velvet is my prefered flavor. It just became my new favorite." She added.

"And for that, it'll be my birthday gift." I said to her.

"Really?" She happily asks.

"Sure, anything for you." I told her.

"That would be the best gift cake ever!" She said. "I could hug you right now." She tries to reach me from the backseat. "Nevermind but thank you so much."

***

After class, I went straight to the shop to talk to mom about the cake for Serena's birthday.

"Sure, No problem." Mom happily agrees. "We should add in some cupcakes too. It'll be my gift for her."

"She'll totally love that. Thanks Mom, you are the best." I said kissing her cheek.

"I'll make it even more flavorful and beautiful." She smiles at me. "But as payment for me baking the cake..." she smirks.

"I thought it would be free." I pout in disappointment.

"Free for your friend but not for you." I groan from what she said. "I want you to pick up Nate from school today. I need to do some accounting, for the delivery tomorrow." She said pointing at the car keys on the messy table.

"That's the payment?" I furrowed my brows at her.

"You wanted more?" She ask with raised brow.

"No, I'm good." I said eagerly shaking my head. "I better go then." I said as I rapidly walk out the shop before Mom could say anything more.

I sat down a bench near a tree waiting for the kids to be dismissed and not long after the bell rings. Kids began running towards the door to their parents.

I saw Nate looking for mom on the crowd. "Nate!" I waved so he can see me. He run in my direction with a paper in his hands.

"Look! I got a perfect score!" He announce with a toothy smile while jumping up and down.

"Wow! Good job." I complimented him as I take a look at his paper.

"I even got a star." He shows me his hand with a stamp.

"That's 2 achievements for today. What do you want as a price for that?" I ask as I take him to the car.

"I want Ice cream!" He exclaims as he happily claps his hands.

"Okay." I nodded.

We entered the Ice cream shop, Nate immediately came running towards the counter letting go of my hand.