Chapter 11: Birthday Party

Miguel is helping me deliver the cake for Serena's birthday. Her party starts at 7, we came in an hour earlier so that the cake will already be displayed before guests arrives. 

"Skye!" Serena smiling as she opened the door for us.

"Happy Birthday!" I said immediately extending my arms to hug her tightly.

She automatically wrap her arms around me in response. "Thank you."

"And here is my gift." I gently pulled away from her and move to the side to show her the cake that we brought. It was what she requested, a red velvet flavored birthday cake.

"Oh my gosh." She exclaims amazed. "It's so beautiful and it even matches my red dress. Thank you so much."

"I'll tell Mom you like it." I smile at her expression.

"Tell your Mom I love it." She squeezes my hand in so my happiness.

"Where should we take it?" I ask gesturing to the cake.

"Please just put it by the table, over there." She pointed at a random table. "The planner will just arrange it."

Miguel placed the cake gently on the table Serena pointed. "I should go now Skye. I'm needed at the shop." Miguel gesturing to the door as he finishes his work bringing the cake.

"Okay. Thank you." I told him.

"Thank you for your hard work." Serena awknowledges Miguel. He simply nodded. "I'll just get her home after." Serena added.

"I'll go now." Miguel said before finally closing the door and then left.

I remembered the box I was holding. "Mom wanted me to give you these." I hand her the box.

"What is it?" She eagerly ask.

"Something you'll love." I told her.

She didn't hesitate and opened the box immediately. Her eyes widen as her smile even grew to her ears. "No way! No way!" She happily took one cupcake and practically shove it in her mouth.

"Woah, your make up will smudge." I commented as she devour the food like there is no tomorrow.

"I don't care." She held the box tighter to her chest. "This is the best birthday ever!" She says taking another bite of her precious cupcake. "This is so delicious!" 

"Give me one." Jake yelled from the stairs.

"No!" Serena hide the box of cupcakes behind her.

"Selfish!" He says as he make his way towards as. "Where's mine?" He ask me.

"I'm sorry but mom made it as a gift for Serena." I told him. His face drop into a frown. "You can drop by our shop sometimes and I'll treat you with some." I said to him.

"Really?" He asks excitedly. I nodded.

"Not fair. How about me?" Serena pointing at herself.

"No." Jake slightly pushing her away. "It'll be our date." Jake putting his arms over my shoulders. "Right?" He looks at me.

"A friendly date maybe." I corrected him and slowly slide my shoulders away from him.

"Friendly." Serena bursting into laughter from what she said.

"We all know great love stories starts from becoming friends before lovers." He says unbothered with what Serena was laughing about but instead winked at me.

"Yuck!" Serena bursting his bubble with a disgust comment.

"It's just a matter of time and..." He caresses my chin. "That you'll confess your undying love for me." He continues.