Chapter 1 - Welcome to The Battlefield

March 2008 - Utsunomiyahakuyo High School, Utsunomiya, Japan

Saturday, 1300 Hours

Jack Parsons, a young cheerful graduate who was a transfer student from Manchester, he lives with his aunt who works at a library near the school after being told to take care of him. he was planning on returning to England after graduation just to study in Cambridge. it was graduation day, Jack was sitting on a bench beside a girl named Maki Yokoyama, a girl Jack fell in love with on the first day of first year of high school. "so...any plans after graduation?" he asked Maki but she responds by shaking her head. "not really, how about you?" she asked Jack, "i don't really know...but i think i might go to Oxford or something..." he replied with a sigh as he scratched his head. "you know i was actually planning on going to England with you" Maki smiled as she glanced at Jack. "really?" was his only response. "yeah" she nods with a chuckle. the conversation went on for hours then they walked along the street together for the last time, "hey...Maki?" Jack glanced at her. "hmm?" Maki glanced back at him. "you think we could meet again soon?" Jack asked her, "of course" she smiled. the two then went silent once again and once they stop at Maki's house, Jack waved goodbye with a smile and walked away.

Sunday, 1500 Hours - somewhere in Utsunomiya

as Jack walks around the town for one last time, he suddenly slowed down, having a bad feeling about Maki. he suddenly hears her laughing, forcing him to investigate. when he finally found the source of the laugh, he began to regret it all as he saw Maki holding hands with another man with the same age as he was. he slowly approached the couple and once he came closer, he decided to run home. the Jack everyone knew slowly died on the next day as he boards the first plane to London

3 years later - Classified Location, Afghanistan

in a remote mountain in Afghanistan occupied by Taliban forces, Jack sneakily crawls directly to the enemy camp along with a small group of british royal marines, armed with rifles, submachine guns and any other weapon that a soldier would wield in a modern battle. "enemy camp spotted!" one of them whispered loudly, "i'll take the guards" Jack whispered back as he pulled out his arctic warfare rifle. "move in! move in!" the other soldier whispered loudly to the rest of the group, signalling them to crawl towards the entrance of the camp. Jack bolts his rifle and aims at one of the guards through the scope while the other soldiers aimed their bullpups at the other. "ready on my command" Jack said to one of the soldiers through his communication radio, "you got it" the other soldier replied and aimed at the other guard's head. Jack inhales, holds his breath then shoots the guard's head as he exhales. at the same time, the rest of the group shot down the other guard, alerting the other enemies. that was when a difficult gunfight began, Jack holsters his sniper rifle and pulls out his bullpup as the whole group opened fire on every enemy soldier in the camp. once the place was already clear, two UH-60 helicopters suddenly flew out of nowhere just in time to pick up the men and occupy the camp.