Chapter 3 - Back on Track

5 Years Later - London, UK

for at least 5 years after the incident in Afghanistan, Jack has been living in London as a policeman doing various kinds of work. undercover operations, homicide cases, traffic enforcement and even cooperation missions with Interpol. but during one peaceful morning at Scotland Yard, he suddenly meets a familiar face. "Jack..." the captain stood up and greeted him. "Captain..." he greeted back with a neutral expression. "the chief's been waiting for you, come on" the captain walked off to the chief's office as Jack followed him. "Parsons, Captain Field" the chief greeted the two, signalling them to take seats. "so what's going on, chief?" Jack asked in concern. "well...we need you back, Jack" Field responded to him. "why? didn't you know what happened to me?" Jack asked. "yes we know what happened but the thing is...we need your help" Field responded to his second question. "so...what do you want me to do?" Jack asked his third question. "i believe we'll have to talk about it when we get to MI6" Field responded to his third question. "well, i believe i must take him with me for a while if you're okay with that, chief" Field stood up. "i'll be fine, Captain Field. Jack, you're temporarily assigned" the chief replied as Jack stood up and walked out of the building with Field. once the two made it to MI6, the two walked to the office of the chief of the SIS then the two sat down. "good morning, Captain Field and Sergeant Parsons. i'm chief Harrison and i'll be giving you your first assignment" Harrison greeted the two. "you may have been unaware of this but Yukino Shinohara, the daughter of the japanese ambassador to the UK has been kidnapped" Harrison explained the current situation. "she was last located in Kano, a small city in Nigeria and we need someone with skill to get her out of there" he went on. "so why me? why do i have to do this?" Jack asked Harrison. "because you were one of the best in the royal marines to fight against the Taliban forces in Afghanistan and you had to get taken away by some letter given to you by some yank" Field explained. "there's a possibility that the Boko Haram is behind this despite that she's a Shintoist like you, there are other possibilities that it might have been done by a group of mercenaries and it could be a matter of time before they sell her to slavery" Harrison kept briefing. "so how are we gonna handle this?" Jack asked Harrison. "it's easy, you go to Nigeria and track her phone" Harrison answered him. "and you will have support from the British Army" Harrison continued to brief him. "alright then" Jack said. "but wait, there's more" Harrison responded "your team will be waiting for you at Gibraltar where you will be briefed by the regiment"

24 Hours Later - Royal Gibraltar Regiment Devil's Tower Camp, Gibraltar

"hello old friend..." Jack whispered as he prepared his bullpup rifle. "haven't handled such a beast, huh?" Field said to him and walked up to him. "yeah..." Jack gave a weak smile. "Parsons! Field!" the commander of the regiment called out the two for the briefing and so the soldiers came to take seats in the briefing room. "alright, lads! listen up! in 12 hours, you will be landing in Murtala Muhammed International Airport in Laos and will be tracing Shinohara's daughter's phone to it's current location and will be travelling there through jeeps. once you find her, snipe out the captor and his friends, have her extracted and come on home. any questions?" the commander asked the soldiers but no one responded. "good, i hope you all succeed with this mission" the commander saluted and walked out of the briefing room

12 Hours Later - Murtala Muhammed International Airport, Nigeria

as Jack and the other soldiers quickly left the plane and boarded their assigned vehicles, they suddenly leave the airport and began to track Shinohara's location. on the back of the white van in the convoy, Jack was loading up his bullpup rifle with his headphones on listening to "Mercury" by DAOKO. once the song was close to it's end, the moving signal sent by Shinohara's phone suddenly stopped at the end of a road near a river. "the phone stopped!" the soldier using the computer said to Jack. "where?" he asked the soldier. "Water Corporation Road! south dead end! near the river!" the soldier responded. "then radio in the front jeep" Jack replied and so the convoy drove all the way to the said location