Chapter 7 - Opposing Forces

after escaping the fallen british embassy in a stolen sedan, Jack decides to tune into the radio to check the situation there. apparently, it was said that it finally under control thanks to the local police and military forces. "...i hope he'll be okay..." Yukino said in a quiet tone. "damn..." Jack mumbled as he looked at his watch "we should stop somewhere for the night...". "i agree but...what about those guys?" Yukino asked in concern. "well they're probably gonna go on and on all night so it may safer in the morning" Jack responded as they approach a seemingly legitimate hotel in the middle of a large metropolitan area which is very unusual for african soil. on the following night, Jack and Yukino would discuss their pasts, making it a memorable night

0700 hours - enroute back to Kano

after packing up at the hotel, the two were finally enroute back to Kano where they will be picked up by the RAF somewhere. they were traveling in a stolen 4x4 this time due to the possibility of a tracker in the sedan.

two hours later...

just as they're already halfway there, Jack felt as if something may go wrong. he decided to slow down a bit, "what wrong?" Yukino asked Jack. "i think they're on to us..." he responded to the girl. when they reached an empty road, a group of cultists suddenly got out of their vehicles and opened fire at the two from the front then a team of mercenaries did the very same from the back. Jack and Yukino ducked down for cover as Jack grabbed the M4 carbine from the back seats and arms it. when the mercenaries and the cultists ceased fire and carefully approached the 4x4, Jack pops up and picks off each head of the hostiles with the american carbine then helped Yukino out of the damaged vehicle. oncoming civilians would suddenly get out of their cars and run away from the scene on foot. "guess we're facing two enemies at once again" Jack mumbled as he tries to steal an abandoned vehicle. soon enough, a truck occupied by foreign mercenaries stops behind the two. Jack directed Yukino to take cover in the other side of the abandoned vehicle while he opened fire at the hostiles. he was able to fight off the whole group despite the last of the M4's ammunition being depleted. when another team of mercenaries suddenly appeared from nowhere, Jack attempted to fire the carbine but after hearing a clicking sound, he suddenly pulled out a pair of 93 Raffica pistols and continued firing at the hostiles. when he emptied out his first two clips, his eyes suddenly caught a flashbang rolling from behind to disorient him, giving the mercenaries their chance at capturing Yukino. Jack was helpless for a moment until he saw the mercenaries force the girl on to a truck. "don't even think of doing anything to her, she needs to be pure tomorrow at midnight" a mercenary said to the others in what sounded like a standard american accent. when Jack finally came to his senses, they were already gone. "damn it..." he whispered in frustration.