Chapter 6

**********

**********

Time: 8:45 a.m.

Location: TRCI Conference room

Situation: It's just the beginning

The Conference room was like an auditorium, but high tech. It wasn't like the conference room that Evylyn went during her interview. This is where they held most of the exclusive meetings, including the Roders Experiment. There were already a lot of people there. Evylyn felt nervous, in a way more curious than ever. She must find out about this as soon as possible.

Bridget was there, and she escorted us to our seats. Evylyn was seated next to a red-haired girl. She was very quiet, but Evylyn saw that she was shaking a little bit. The other side, Evylyn was seated next to Ginger, who was also seating next to her mom, Bridget. Evylyn was just looking at the stage, waiting for something to happen.

After for about a while, the lights dimmed, and there was a spotlight at the podium. Five men were approaching the stage. The four sat down in the nearest chairs, while the one is walking towards the podium. Evylyn's guessing that the one on the podium is Harrison Rodriguez (in which she was right).

"Good morning, fellow workers of this company. First of all, I wanna say welcome to our new interns. We're very pleased to have you in the company. Let's give them a hand." Everyone applauded, except for Evylyn. She just smiled at the others. Then Harrison started talking again. "As you all know that we're now in the process of the one of the most recent, and possibly the project that will change, not just the entire city, but to the whole world as well, The Roders Experiment." Evylyn felt disgusted of it, seeing that this project will turn humans into cyborg zombies, as seen in her vision.

Harrison continued. "At this moment, we're now up to 34 people who will volunteer in this project, and we're expecting for more to come. Now that they know that they know that this project will change everybody's lives for the better." Evylyn's heart dropped. 34 people. That made Evylyn feels more disgust than ever. Which means she has stop this project before more people volunteers in this nightmare. There was a hologram appeared on the screen. There were images of the project. There were 28 days left, and 34 volunteers. The sooner Evylyn finds out about this, the better.

Harrison continues until he finishes his speech. "I and my son, Aflie, are very pleased that you are participating in this project, and we can assure you that this, is going the most successful and life-changing project, and nothing will be the same. So we welcome you to the new future of Rod Companies and Industry. And we hope that there will be more to come. Thank you." Everyone applauded, except for Evylyn. She was still staring at the screen of all the volunteers. She doesn't want these people to suffer, that's why she has to work fast.

She excused herself to go the bathroom to freshen up. She washed her face, and stared at the mirror for a while. "I'm not letting this happen. I don't care if I don't know these people. I have to stop this project. I don't want these people to suffer, now that I'm here, I'll do what it takes to stop this" she said it through her mind, so that no one can hear it.

It's on now. "Bring it on" she mouthed, and left the bathroom.

**********

Hi guys. Thank you for reading. And sorry for another short chapter. I'm making it as long as possible, but I hope you still like it.

Plus thanks for the kind comments and votes. Please Share, Vote and Comment.

Thank you and God bless.

×××××