Chapter 9

**********

Day 3

Time: 6:00 a.m.

Location: TRCI Subway

Situation: The Lost and Found (part 1)

Evylyn got ready for work, and was on her way to the subway. As she was sitting down, there were people chattering about something that she cannot understand. So she asks the woman beside her about what's going on.

"Excuse me, but what are they talking about?"

"Oh Deary, something about the missing people or something" she answers.

"What do you mean missing?" The woman began to turn to her direction and continued talking again.

"There were already two people missing in a place where I live Sweetie. Plus they never come back the next day."

"When did they disappeared?" Evylyn asks, nervously. But she still keeps a straight face. "Probably two days after the mayor announced about a new volunteer project." The woman answered. "Their families are very worried, and now, they're having a search party to go look for them."

"Did you volunteer Ma'am?" Evylyn began asking. "Of course not, dear. I'm probably too old for that" she answered. Evylyn felt relieved after the woman said that she didn't volunteered. Thank goodness for that. The train stopped, and everyone were getting out of the train, including Evylyn. She walk all the way to TRCI building. Even with her feet sore, she still keeps walking. She doesn't want to get late on the first day of her work, especially now that she's Alfie Rodriguez' assistant.

She arrived at the entrance, and saw Jamie at the reception area. "Good morning, Evy" she greeted. Evylyn smiled and nodded at her and went towards the elevator. She arrived at the office just in time. Once the elevator doors were open, Alfie was there, waiting for her.

"Good, You're on time. Come, we don't wanna be late" he said, and Evylyn followed him to the hallway, towards the conference room.

Scientists and Officials are already there, including Harrison Rodriguez. Alfie sat down next to his father, while Evylyn is sitting in the corner of the room, writing some reports about the Roders Experiment (in which Alfie thinks she's writing the quotas of the volunteer count).

 Alfie sat down next to his father, while Evylyn is sitting in the corner of the room, writing some reports about the Roders Experiment (in which Alfie thinks she's writing the quotas of the volunteer count)

After for about five minutes of introduction, someone knock on the door and entered. Harrison began to stand up.

"What on earth are you doing? We're in the middle of the meeting" he said. The woman was nervous, in a way that she's telling the bad news. "I'm sorry Sir, but you have to look at the news today" she said shaking. Harrison began to switch the TV on in the office, and was shocked of what he saw.

----- The News -----

"People missing in other parts of the city day by day. People demands help from Mayor Harrison Rodriguez. People awaits his response."

"Mayor Rodriguez, not responding about this issue. People rallying in front of TRCI."

----- End of the news -----

Harrison keeps a straight face, and after a long silence in the office, he responded.

"Call the press, I'm making a respond to this situation. Bridget, come with me. And Alfie, do some reports on these missing people. Meeting's over." And every one left.

Evylyn was following Alfie all the way to the office. He's reading about the reports, while Evylyn is just following him, saying nothing. Alfie stops walking and turns around to face Evylyn.

"Hey, um, can you uh, get me some coffee. Decaf?" He asked. She nodded, and went towards his office. Evylyn was just standing there, thinking about what Harrison is going to respond.

 Evylyn was just standing there, thinking about what Harrison is going to respond

She's also still thinking about Gia. About what happened to her. Why did she disappeared. The mission is getting impossible for her. But she can't give up now.

Now that she's getting started on her first job as Alfie's assistant, she's now a step close to the source of all this madness.

**********

Thanks for reading. Sorry for now updating. I was just thinking of writing another story. But hope you like this new chapter.

Please Share, Vote, and Comment.

Thank you and God bless.

×××××