Chapter 10

**********

Time: 7:30 a.m.

Location: TRCI offices

Situation: The Lost and Found (Part 2)

Evylyn went to the other side of the office, where the food and drinks were, and made coffee. And not just for Alfie. Other workers have been requesting for coffee and tea.

And since Evylyn needs to be hospitable (according to what Alfie told her), she decides to get extra credit as an excuse to investigate what the other workers have been up to

And since Evylyn needs to be hospitable (according to what Alfie told her), she decides to get extra credit as an excuse to investigate what the other workers have been up to. So far, they've been just acting normal. Just normal people working for the most influential companies in the city.

After serving the other cup of tea and coffee to the staff, she went to Alfie's office to give his coffee. Before Evylyn could go to his office, she saw a huge crowd of employees, watching the TV. It's probably about Harrison's statement. As she gets closer, there were already murmurs about what's going to happen.

"What's going on?" She asked.

"It's Harrison's statement about the missing people" says the girl beside her.

Evylyn keeps her balance, especially since she's still holding the cup of coffee. She sees Harrison on the TV, he was very very confident. Then he begins to speak.

"Good Morning. You probably know by now about the people that had been missing around the city. You don't have to worry, we'll do what it takes to find these people. And we'll make sure that they'll be home as soon as possible."

"Mr. Rodriguez, what could be the reason why these people are missing?" The interviewer asked curiously.

He clears his throat and answers. "Probably because of the project that we've been working on. As you all may know, that we are now working on a project. The Roders Experiment. In which this focuses more on human abilities. And trust me when I say, we're not doing anything dangerous in this project. We just want a better future for the citizens. And it all starts here, in this project."

"Will this project continues? Or will you delay this project because of the missing people?" Asks another interviewer.

"No! The project still goes on. We will still be on search for these missing people. But the project still goes on. Nothing or No one can stop it. Thank you for your time." And then he left the podium.

People from the office are now concerned. But Evylyn, still looking at the TV, hasn't said a word. Then Alfie came behind.

"Hey everyone! Listen. There's nothing to worry about. This will not affect your jobs as of this moment. They're now on a search party as we speak. We have nothing to worry about for now. Now go back to work" he commanded, and everyone went back to work. He saw Evylyn, still holding the tray in her hands. He motioned her to follow him, and she followed, without saying a word.

As Evylyn was putting the cup of coffee into Alfie's desk, he was looking at the window, probably wondering about something. Evylyn decides to break the silence.

"Can I get you anything else?" She asks.

"I'm fine, thank you" he answered, still looking at the window. Evylyn decides to leave.

"Evylyn?" He called. "Yes?" Then he turned to her direction. But Evylyn was still facing the door.

"Do you think that we should still go on with the project?" Evylyn wasn't expecting that. She began to shake, still not turning to face him.

"I'm not obliged to answer that kind of question, Sir" she answered. "I'm just asking. I wanted your opinion. What do you think I should do?" Then Evylyn turned to his direction. "I think they should stop." Is all she answered.

"Stop?" He asked again.

"Sir, its just an opinion. Since someone is against it, I suggest to have this project stopped. Not that I'm against this project. Who knows, maybe that's the reason why people have been missing. It's probably because some don't agree on this type of service." The office was silent for a moment. Alfie was still staring at her, looking like she made a ridiculous decision. Then he broke the silence.

"Okay. I get it. I understand. Go back to work" he said, quietly. And Evylyn left without saying a word.

**********

Hi there. Thanks for reading. Sorry for not updating. But hope you like this new chapter.

Please Share this book/story, so I can have the courage to update more often. Also vote, and Follow me on my account.

Thank you and God bless.