Chapter 11

**********

Time: 9:00 a.m.

Location: TRCI offices

Situation: The Struggle Is Real

Evylyn had spend her time working in her office, reviewing papers, distributing paperwork for the employees, and make tea and coffee during meeting time. Yet, she can't get over about the speech Harrison. On how nothing can stop this experiment from happening, which makes her mission quite impossible to accomplish. Yet, she still can't give up. Now that even a friend of hers (sort of), and the other people are still missing. And no one found anything yet.

During lunchtime, Evylyn always goes out to eat lunch. This time though she had lunch with Ginger and Jamie at the cafeteria near the office. They were talking about the Roders Experiment. About how will this project happen, will this project actually work, or will it still go on after the rally and the search party. Evylyn though, was just being quiet while the two were talking. She was thinking of another strategy on how to get her hands on the project. And at the same time, she's also thinking of poor Gia and what has happened to her.

After an hour of lunch break, she went back to her office to sort some paperwork for Alfie for the next meeting. He's also been busy, arranging some kind of strategy about the project. If they're still going for it or not. So far, the whole office was very busy. And not just for the project. Probably because they're stressed out, tired, anxious, and some are even getting cranky for handling so much work. No wonder that The Roders Experiment is also a semi important project. It is because of the people who gets stress out and can't work anymore. Yet still, Evylyn has to stop it. Not just because they're using this for a different reason, but she wants people to just have a normal life without people controlling them. And she knows that she can't have that kind of life anymore (because she is a spy), but she wants others to be normal, and not like her.

*****

Time: 8:30 p.m.

Location: TRCI offices

Situation: The Lost and Found (Part 3)

Evylyn was alone in the office, still working on the paperwork that's assign to her. She decides to check on the computer one last time before turning it off. Then she turns it off, grabs her bag and some folders for her to work on, and left the office, then locks the door behind her. She walk towards the elevator, and it closes behind her. She's looking at the window of the elevator, looking at the beautiful bright lights of the buildings. It was a wonderful view for her. She only wishes that it would always be this beautiful at night. It made her relax from working the whole day.

The elevator door opens, and she exited. She sees Jamie, packing up to leave for the night. Evylyn decides to walk towards and talk to her for a while. "Hey, Jamie" she greeted. "Hi Evy. Over-working I see" she says sarcastically. Evylyn smiled a little. "Hey um, wanna hang out with me for a while? I just wanted to relax for a while, and I also want someone to talk to. Is that okay with you?" Jamie nodded happily and grabs her bag, and they left.

They went to a restaurant to eat dinner, and after that, they went to the bar section of the restaurant to get a drink, and not trying to get themselves drunk. After they left the restaurant, they took for a stroll around the park, to get their mind off of things. Then sat on the bench for a while to relax.

"So, what makes you decide to work in TRCI?" Jamie began asking. "Nothing, I guess" Evylyn answered surprisingly. "Nothing? As in like nothing. So you decide to work there for nothing?"

Evylyn felt nervous, but she wants to act natural. She doesn't want to blow her cover. She took a deep breath for a while and answers Jamie's question.

"Probably because of the salary I guess. And um, I want to be independent enough to take care of myself and earn on my own money. And I'm old enough to make my own decisions, that's why I decide to take this kind of job. Not just for the salary i guess, but also to help develop myself from being and independent and hard-working. I don't wanna rely on anyone with my needs, I want to do this on my own." Evylyn did lie, but Jamie did believe her story, which made her felt relieved.

"Oh is that so? Well I think that's good for you. To become more independent, I think you'll do great by yourself. But if you have any problems, or if anything bothers you, don't be afraid to tell me. I can be there as a friend, okay?" And Evylyn just nodded.

Then all of the sudden, Evylyn's phone rang. It was Anson. "Can you excuse me for a moment? I need to take this" She said, and Jamie nodded. Evylyn stood up and answers the phone.

"Hello?"

"Ellery, you have to come to the hospital right now." 

"Why? What happened?" She was already shaking.

"Its Gia. We found her" Anson said, also shaking because of how he talks.

"Okay. I'll be right over" and ended the call. 

She turns to Jamie. "I have to go. Something came up. I'll just see you at work."

"Okay" She answered. "Thank you" and Jamie nodded.

Evylyn left the park, took a cab, and went to the hospital, hoping that Gia's okay.

**********

Hi guys. Thanks for reading. Hope you like this new chapter. I made it a little longer so yeah.

Please Share, Vote and Comment. Cause that would mean a lot.

Thank you and God bless.

xxxxx