Chapter 16

Jane pov...

I spent the night over at Maura's again and we head into work together. She comes up with me to my desk. I sit down and find the desk had been put back with my stuff I left here before I quit. Another desk has been added which is my desk as Frankie took over mine when he was promoted up and put in the unit.
We say good morning and as I'm sitting down at my desk I think how strange it is to be back here like I never left. I think back to the day I last worked here.
Maura asks "are you alright Jane?"
I nod and say "I'm fine just remembering the last time I worked here"
Korsak says "I knew you were off that day but never expected you to join the army"
I say "I know, I wasn't able to tell you that I was leaving and it was sad to know I wasn't going to be back for a while"
Frost says "we have you back now and we can have a better team for solving murders"
I nod and the phone rings, Korsak answers and once he ends the call he says "we have a murder"
He looks at me and says "sorry but Cavanaugh gave me some paperwork you have to fill out before going back into the field".
I nod and says "okay, I'll work on it while you all go to the scene and I can help when you get back".