Chapter 18

Jane pov...

Maura came over for a movie night at my place, we have pizza and drinks for dinner before watching whatever movie Maura picks out.
We have a few beers and wines while watching the movie. We finish the movie and wait for the next one to start. Maura asks "did you form any relationships in Afghanistan?"
I shake my head and say "not really, we I made some friends and bonded with the other soldiers, I never got much free time and if I did I didn't want a relationship when I had feelings for someone else"
She looks away before looking back and asking "are you going to contact them?"
I look down and say "I don't know if they feel the same way"
She nods before responding with "any person would be lucky to have you"
I smile and ask "what about you?"
She shakes her head and says "no I missed the person I love to much"
I ask "are you saying what I think?"
She looks at me and pauses for a minute before leaning in to kiss my lips, I respond to the kiss and she pulls away with a smile on her face to match mine.
I ask "this isn't just because you are slightly drunk right"
She shakes her head and said "no, I've had a crush on you for years, what about you?"
I shake my head and smile before saying "no I was in love with you before I left but didn't act on it because I didn't want you to worry when I left"
She kisses me again and I say "I definitely want to be with you but can we possibly take it slow and keep it to ourselves for now"
She nods and inquiries "why"
I explain "I want to make what we have special, I don't know how Ma will react"
She thinks for a second before asking "is it because of religious beliefs"
I nod and say "she is strict on some things so I don't know how she will react"
Maura smiles at me and with understanding in her voice she says "it makes perfect sense and we will get to be in our little bubble together"
I kiss her and we cuddle together to watch the next movie with both of us stealing glances at each other the entire time. When it ends I ask "do you want to sleep her tonight, it's getting quite late and is almost time for bed"
She nods and we get changed and ready for bed, we sleep in the same bed cuddled together. It seems normal as it is something we did often as friends but then we are closer together now.

Authors note...
Sorry it's not the best chapter but I wanted to get the storyline moving along more.
I'm also sorry about the wait just I got busy with school assessments and other commitments and didn't write. I will try to write more now and have one week left of term before two weeks holidays so I might be able to write then.