Chapter 23

Jane pov...

I put on my army uniform with all the  badges to go to a meeting. It is for new recruits and the trainees and some people getting promotions. I know they want me to become a training but I don't know if I actually want to go back. I finish up, say goodbye and head back home.

I get home and go inside where Maura is there, she sees me in uniform and asks "are you going back?"
I say "they want me to but I haven't decided yet"
Maura asks "how long do you have to decide?"
I respond with "they have given me five days"
Maura nods and asks "why are you wearing uniform?"
I say "we had an important meeting/ceremony tonight that I had to go to"

There is a knock on the door so I walk over to answer it and it is the army general, I stand straight and salute, before asking "how may I help sir?"
He says "we need you to come and train, you have been one of the best we had"
I nod and he says "we need you in two days time to leave and travel to training in DC that you will run"
I nod and say "yes sir"
He says "that is all for now Colonel Rizzoli"
I nod and salute again until he leaves.

Maura asks "what was that about!, I didn't think you had decided and you were so formal"
I say "he is one of the people who runs the army, I couldn't say no to him. It is natural to be so formal with such a high ranked official it is disrespectful not to"
Maura says "You are leaving again then"
I nod and says "I'm sorry Maura but I have to go and I won't be fighting the war it is just me training the soldiers"
Maura nods and says "you better come back soon and have to tell people this time"
I smile and say "of course I will come back as soon as I can and I can't get out of telling them this time can I"
Maura laughs and shakes her head before saying "no you can't, they need to know"