Sincerely Temptation

Mothflight

Sincerely, Temptation

(c) 2013, Mothflight

ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. This book contains material protected under International and Federal Copyright Laws and Treaties. Any unauthorized reprint or use of this material is prohibited. No part of this book may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanic, including photocopying, recording, or by any information storage and retrieval system without express permission from the author or publisher.

This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, places and incidents either are products of the author's imagination or are used fictitiously. Any resemblance to actual events or locales or persons, living or dead, is entirely coincidental.

So here I am. Stuck in this abyss of terror.

The abyss that I fell into.

I'll spare you the sob story and tell you the only thing you need to know.

I'm a monster.

And I'm all alo-

"Shit." I curse as my iPod slips from my grasp and hits the gravel road with a light thump. I sigh exasperatedly and bend forward to pick it up.

After checking to make sure it wasn't broken, I lock it and stuff it in the back pocket of my skinny jeans.

I continue walking at a leisurely pace down the little town's deserted street, the crisp night air sending chills along my spine. The crazy weather makes it such an alluring tourist destination -not.

The passing trian screeches as the metal scrapes metal. Trains pass every hour or so. Never returning. Their destination, wherever it is, only seems like an impossible milestone from my point of view. They're constantly rumbling by. Splitting the quiet air with the deafening blast to announce a short presence. Despite all the years I've lived here, the origin of the noisy behemoths remains a mystery to me.

At least they're not stuck in this hell. They have a purpose, a destination. Which is more than I can say for myself. But at the fragile age of fifteen, I don't exactly have a lot of room in this world to complain. Not without facing critical judgment from our loving society. Who wants to be seen as narrow-minded and shallow?

I know what most people would think. I'm just a little girl. I can't know anything about sorrow. That's how it's supposed to be.

Well my highly broad comment says that if you're a human, you know nothing but hate.

Sorrow is all I know.

I have nobody. My sisters are dead, my father is dead. Only my mother and half-brother remain.

My brother isn't here. He's the only one that seems to get me. Well, The part of me that he knows. He lives far away from my small town, with it's population of around 6,000, it drives away everbody. There's nothing here. Nothing but a old timey town frozen in conservative bigotry and slowly rotting away.

I, on the other hand, am not about big city life. I actually prefer small towns, which are much more manageable. It's in Washington and, for the record, there are no sparkling, gorgeous vampires or packs of shirtless buff dudes.