Can't Be Tamed

Updated! Enjoy the revised version.! :) Thanks! ♡♥♡♥

-Mothflight.

__________________________________________________

I run my tongue along the length of my snout, sensing the all too familiar stabbing sensation in my belly. My stomach growls at me, in a threat almost, and stabs at me torturously. I grunt in annoyance. It almost seems like I'm constantly hungry while in wolf form. My wolf thirsts for blood.

I ignore the burning in my abdomen and proceed to walk along the allyway, making sure to put my heavy paws down as lightly as I can muster.

Take one step.

Take another step.

Avoid the glass.

Another step.

It's not complicated.

Thump.

Roar.

Crap.

I listen to the heavy approach and peebles thumping on metal. The far end of the alleyway is illuminated from corner to corner by a blinding light source. The artificial roar gets louder.

Without hesitation, I turn on my heels and push through the dark gravel road as fast as I can muster without slipping on the loose gravel. I dart around what looks to be a tipped over garbage can. My breath hitches as my right foreleg gets hammered into something and I stumble on the pebbles, trying to regain my composure.

And inducing a lot of noise in doing so. My technique of running on tiptoes and claws to minimize pawprints doesn't help with the obnoxiousness of my stammering either.

Awkwardly splaying out my legs, I regain composure. Mentally rolling my eyes at myself, I relax and push ahead. The dark alleyway remains dead silent despite my ungraceful stumbling.

The silence is something I'm used to. The people around here are resigned and some quite isolated. As if attempting to shut out the negative, they plaster on fake smiles. I know well enough that these people are constantly feeded lies, as are most of the world's population. The strange midnight murders seem to get to them only sometimes, and the strange howls during the full moon are written off hastily.

The puzzle pieces are never connected, and I know they never will be.

My thoughts are ripped away when hostile barks shatters the silence. Then a growl. Footfall.

I stop dead in my tracks, ears flicking, stance poised. A wolfish grin tugs at the corner of my mouth. How about a game? It's not often that I'm presented with such a silly gesture. I slowly lift my forearm up to my mouth, licking it. The quiet growls echo around me, a challenge. The wolf instincts flare, tugging at me to make the kill.

I stop, resting my paw firmly on the uneven ground. Sinking my claws into the gravel, I drag it backwards. The resulting noise sends the creature into a barking fit and it launches itself at me, scrabbling through the dirt.

At the very same time I twist around and lunge at it, catching it by the back of the neck. It's earsplitting yowls are cut off abrubtly as I twist it's head all the way around with a crunch. The silence follows once again. The limp body hangs from my mouth, swaying.

A salty metallic aroma tickles by my nose, driving the pain in my stomach further and deeper. I stiffen, the pittbull still held firmly in my jaws, as some of the liquid makes it's way from the dog's mouth. The silence is earsplitting.