Lies! Or Maybe Truth?

UPDATED! 1-3-14

_____________________________________

Her words send my heart racing to the point where I'm sure it'll burst out of my chest at any moment. I stare a her uncomprehensively. Hayden's just laying there, completely oblivious to my shock. I blink, panic making it's way through me.

"W-what?" I stammer.

"I know what you are." She repeats as if she were just simply telling me that my shoe is untied.

I look at her, trying to read her emotions. Her face is empty, staring up at the ceiling. As if feeling my gaze on her, she raises her eyebrows, expectant of an answer. My eyes travel to the floor.

She must be talking about something else.

She couldn't possibly know my secret?

"I, uh, don't what you're talking about." I half-whisper to the floor.

"You're a dirty liar." She chuckles.

I gulp at her remark and at this point she's staring right at me. I feel her gaze burning through me and my face turning red-hot.

I get up off of the queen-sized bed, gathering myself quickly.

"I have to go." I inform hurriedly.

Before I am able to reach the door, Hayden quickly lifts herself off her bed and slams the door shut. Her back pressed to the door defiantly. I drop my jaw slightly and give her a what-the-hell look.

The muffled sounds of her dogs barking emerges from the other side of the door, followed by several shouts.

"Hmm, wonder what it is these dogs are smelling?" She gives me a smirk.

"Hayden." I glare warningly. "Get out of the way."

"No." She retorts, completely unfazed by my death glare.

Letting out a snort, I bring my hands up to my head and run then through my hair impatiently. What is this chick doing?

"I know what you are. You're a monster."

I stop abruptly and whip my gaze to her.

She doesn't know anything. She's just bluffing.

"All you do is lie. To me, to everybody. What, as if that'll fix anything?

"I have no clue what you're talking about. Now, get out of the way, my mom's gonna get mad at me. I'm not even supposed to be here." I stand my ground not 2 feet in front of her. Hayden only moves by locking the door and smirking at me defiantly.

"You don't belong. You're a freak. Psh, and to lie to me? Proves how them dog genes fuck with any common sense you may posses." She remarks.

My fists ball up and I feel a rush of anger that floods my cheeks with blood.

How dare she? Who is she to judge me?

"Maybe Alex was right. I probably would've dumped you and moved away too." She sneeres.

The sound of that name sends jolts of electricity through me as the wolf snarls, desperate to break through and taste her blood.

She thinks she can just make fun of me?

Fury flushes through me. Hayden's the last person I thought would hurt or judge me. Am I really just that to her? A freak? The thought sends me into cold rage.

I seize her throat with my right hand and push her well above the ground, ignoring her desperate clawing.

I'll show her to mess with me.

Hayden stares down at me, particularly at the razor-sharp fangs emerging from my mouth.

But, instead of a look of terror, I receive a smug look of satisfaction. I narrow my eyes, baring my teeth at her.

She starts chuckling, despite the death grip I've got on her throat. I suddenly realize what I'm doing and loosen my grip on Hayden's neck.

I stumble backwards and she gasps for air while rubbing her neck. I bring my hands up, reflecting on her words. The wolf that had previously been desperate for release seemed to shrivel away in shame.

"You're right." I look up at her, then at the red mark on her throat.

"No. You're beautiful Avery."

"But you just sa-"

"I know what I said." She cuts me off. "I was trying to get you to show yourself."

"But.. How." My eyes squint so that I can just see her blurry form. "How could you have possibly known?"

Hayden steps away from the door, making her way to her dresser. She leans towards the mirror, peering at me through the reflection.

"How well do you think I know you, Avery?" She questions through the glass.

Blinking, I shake my head uncomprehensively.

"Were you someone else, someone who had just happened upon me, you wouldn't have had half that mercy on me." She turns around to face me. "Not to mention your eyes. Your eyes never fail to give you away, Avy."

She messes with her hair. I study my reflection on the other side of the room. Am I really that easy to read?

"Sure, you weren't my first guess. I mean, how could I wrap my head around that?" She speaks with a dreadful calm, and I'm beginning to wonder if she's been in this situation before. "But in the end I'm wondering, of course, why didn't you tell me?" The redhead gives me an honest look.

"Tell you? How could I tell my best friend that I'm a monster?" I sigh heavily, throwing my arms around the pillow pet and myself onto the bed.

"Well, I think it's an absolutely amazing gift." She states curtly.

I look down at my hands, sighing. "I'm sorry. I should've controlled myself, I'm sorry."

"Don't trip, I would've done the same thing." She laughs.

I scoff at her interpretation of my curse. "One question though." I query. "How are you so calm and accepting of all this?"

"Pfft! Calm?" She exclaims. "I didn't get a wink of sleep last night! I guess I just had alot of time to think about it and what I'd say to you." She informs as she walks over to me. "Now, when are you gunna show me what you got?" She chuckles. I laugh and shake my head.

"How 'bout never?"

"Please?" She begs. I sigh dramatically.

"And exactly how do you expect me to do that?" I demand.

"Right here, right now?" She shrugs.

"Woman." I start. "You're cray-cray."

Hayden laughs and raises her arms and shoulders.

"Maybe some other day?" I offer.

"No! Don't make me get another rise outta you."

"Ha!" I scoff. "It won't work a second time."

"We'll see."

Haha, what a jokester. She is joking... right?

♡__________________________________________________________________♥

A/N

I am SUCH a slow writer. >.< I apoligize for the shortness of my chappies, it's just that I don't have that much time to write. I don't have a computer or a laptop, only my mom's but it's super slow. Sometimes I write on my tablet, which also makes for super-slow typing plus I don't even have WiFi. I do most of my writing at the town library, but I have a life so I'd rather not be there 24/7. >.< I'ma let you guys know that I will try to step my game up and write faster. Love, Mothflight.