An Incantation of Evil

"Oh, we won't see." I tease.

Obviously I'm a bit hesistant about showing myself in front of Hayden, one of my best friends.

I mean, that's sorta like stripping in a church. Sorta. Not really. You get my point.

But I guess she already knows, so whatever?

But no. I haven't even come to terms with this myself. So naww.

I just need to figure this all out.

Ugh.

At least my wolf provides an escape.

I was almost home. I could see the house coming into view.

The house was replaced by blackness.

I'm running. Trying to catch something?

My wolf streaks across fields in a few bounds.

But I could feel my heart weeping.

It crippled me.

And I felt myself fall.

You can't imagine how hard I fell.

It didn't hurt. It felt almost like a relief.

A relief from all the emotional pain.

As if in response, a shadowy figure appears in front of me.

It reaches out to me. I snarl.

It proceeds to place an appendage on my snout.

I snap, clamping on firmly.

From the noise that escaped this figure, I knew it was a male.

And he smells familiar. Disgustingly familiar.

It was only after I felt an agonizing pain in my side when I knew this is not a person to trifle with.

Before I could snap this fucker in two, I'm abrubtly shaken. Sharp artificial light penetrates the darkness in a horizontal bloom. With a groan, I sit up. The setting around me would be dark if not for the large street light above. I probe the raw flesh in the inside of my cheek. I taste the unmistakable metallic aura of blood. I must have bit down hard on my cheek. Twisting my head around, I stare up at the being whom had disturbed me in my involuntary slumber. The blurry figure of a perky redhead settles into view. I squint, registering a concerned face of my best friend Hayden and the distorted shouts of my name. The world goes dark again as I place my hands on my face and shake my head incoherently.

Pain and more pain.

Boom.

Boom.

Boom.

The throbbing and stabbing is all that I can comprehend. Blood flow and the constant draining of the energy that sustains my fragile life. My body bobs back and forth. I groan, but nothing comes out. There's only the shrieking.

I can't hang on anymore, there's no reason to. I release myself to the darkness. Slipping away from reality is a feeling like no other. It's both releasing and desperately suffocating. But it's in my control, and that's what makes it so deliciously enthralling. Things that are in my control make things a little less stressful and, well, easier. If I can control the type of pain I feel, I can make it hurt better. I can make it so that something is in my control. It pushes the alternative farther away. The alternative that also happens to be a permanent decision for a temporary pain. It's pretty unorthodox, but enticing nonetheless, considering that I've made several attempts for it. Obviously it doesn't work. The monster inside me sees to that. The monster sees to make everything a bit more hellish in it's favor.