Vessel Of Curses

Torrid pain ripples through my body in waves, leaving me breathless. My side screams with agony as I grasp onto it.

Her eyes hover right in front of mine, their intensity astonishing. I suck in labored breaths, trying to speak but to no avail. My body doesn't feel like it belongs to me.

The knife is deep inside me, frying my insides like a fish on a skillet.

There's a very real chance I could die like this. I think, feeling the silver knife burn inside me. Everything I'd done for her, all that work, for nothing. I wasted too much time. I never realized the impact I had on her, or how heavily she was affected by the curse.

Such bloodlust, such evil. It's something I've never witnessed before. It hurt to think I was the cause, that I did this to her.

She was always so thoughtful, so considerate. Never void of empathy. She'd never cease to surprise me. We could sit there, swapping stories and ideas for what seemed like hours. She was the one. That was my Avery.

I was a fool, I tried to get her back by taking away the wolf. Only now does it hit me what a big mistake that was. At this point, there's nothing I want more than to help her, but I failed.

She's going to kill me, and who knows who else. Then hey're going to undoubtedly find her, and they're going to kill her. Hot ears roll down my cheeks as it becomes apparent what I'd done.

Now, all she wants is me dead. It's written in her eyes. The pain, the heartbreak, the hopelessness they conveyed. It breaks my heart, and I begin to wonder if I really deserve this fate.

I grab the end of the knife that isn't inside me, knowing that the longer it stays inside, the more damage it will cause. Without a moment's hesitation, I pull it out. Floods of blood follow and I clench my teeth.

"Avery." I croak.

She doesn't hear. Her eyes are bursting with life, the darkness enveloping her body like a living blanket. Blood pours from my side, creeping through my fingers. Using the other arm, I attempt to crawl closer to her only to be seized with another wave of pain.

The darkness starts to take hold of Avery's body. She's regaining her power, that evil spirit that's taken ahold of her, that has twisted her heart into a cold and lifeless canvass.

I choke out a sob, feeling tears stinging my eyes. I watch helplessly as the evil captures her body, gasping as her injuries heal at an awe inspiring rate.

My eyes shut tightly, refusing to watch a second longer and fighting the chilling fingers of death that will inevitably come for me. Avery's loud cries fill the space between us, slowly deviating into cold laughter. My weak body shudders at the sudden evil that plumes from the once beautiful soul that was her.

My shirt tightens around my torso as Avery raises me from the floor. I whimper, holding onto her arm with one hand and grasping my bloody side with the other. Her slightly blurred face hovers in front of mine yet again.

Her lips part slightly, her breathing slow and steady as apposed to my desperate gulps of air. The beautiful blonde's eyes burn into mine, full of remorse. "Any last words?"

Swarms of emotions follow in the question's wake, the majority consisting of fear. My body feels weak, my insides even more so. I seal my eyes shut, accepting the inevitable fate.

Their loud intrusion into the room interrupts my impending doom. Ray and Holly stand at the door, obviously horrified at the scene before them. They look at me, then at Avery.

Holly reaches for her knife. I try to speak, but the words evade me. She charges towards Avery, ignoring Ray's desperate warning.

They have no idea of Avery's power, the cold realization hits me.