Meant To Die

Dedicated to xXArachnidXx for the amazing cover!

_____________

What can I say? I'm a predator.

I have the innate ability, the desire.

Which means it should have been a lot easier to find him than it was. Alex, to no surprise, had left town.

He stands at the entrance of a house, looking squeamish. I peer at him through wary eyes as he knocks a fist against the door.

I had chased him after our brawl, following his secluded path out of town.  Alex had wasted no time to split, being quite careless as if he doesn't think I'd follow him.

After what had happened, I knew I had to end this. He has to die. Yet then again, he's the only person like me I'd ever come across. I went this entire time thinking I was the only one with a curse, that I was the only one that's a true beast on the inside.

How could I just end his life, without knowing what he is or where he comes from? Being left to wonder again if I'm the only monster in existence. Deep inside I know he has to die, he knows far too much. I can't run the risk of him exposing me.

If it came down to it, could I really kill him?

I guess there's only one way to find out.

After standing at the entrance a few moments, Dex is finally let into the house. I quickly get up and sneak towards the house, making my way to the nearest window. I peak into it, taking in the scene.

He's standing in between two humans, a woman and a man.

They're in a heated argument. I make out just a few segments of their conversation.

"You're such a fool"

"...We help you... For this?"

"It ain't even my fault, just shut up before you make me mad!"

Oh god, he better not have told them.

"How about... Just leave!"

Alex stood in almost shock at the man's shouting, then he was fuming. I thought for a moment he was going to shift and mutilate the humans. Instead, he turns around and grabs a knife. If he's anything like me, he'll stab the life out of them. I wouldn't hesistate to if humans were talking to me that way.

A half grin tugs at my lips as I watch him become a puppet of his fury, as has happened to me countless times. I wait for him to snap, anticipating a bloodbath.

He grasps the knife with a shaking fist, pointing it at the man. "You best watch your mouth, Ray. You're not the one that calls the shots around here!"

The man called Ray mutters something back, as if to dare Alex to try it.

Alex just glares at him, face flushed with anger. I glance at his mouth, suprised at the absence of sharp canines. I guess he doesn't carry all the side effects I do.

To my surprise and dismay, Ray snatches the cutting knife from Dex.

"You're not strong enough," He lunges at Dex, causing the dirty blonde to flinch. "You don't have the balls." He throw the knife at the ground and it stabs into the hardwood floor at an upright position.

My mouth is gaping in shock at the gesture, this human surely must not be aware of Alex's other side. I shift my focus to him, expecting a wolf to appear in his place any second.

Dex just stands there, glaring daggers at the man who must have a death wish. He then turns to the door and stomps out. 

Now's my chance.