Cold, Hard Truth

I love entertaining people and if you're enjoying my story, thank you. If not, thank you for giving me a chance regardless.

☆Update! 10-26-13★

Enjoy the revised version! :)

_______________________________________

Fuck what they say.

At least that's what they tell me.

But, in all truth, that phrase really means nothing.

Sometimes it does matter.

It's the cold, hard truth.

Or it comes from someone who does matter.

And, as far as you care, it's what you are.

There's some people that despise their existence. They wish they were never born.

But I, on the other hand, focus on where my shitty existence will lead me.

I'm a monster in a mortal world, I don't belong.

And Heaven is a mortal's gamble.

The irony of it all is that all I'd done with my life before this curse was work to please God. It all stopped when I realized God had abandoned me. I suppose I brought it on myself. How?

I sold my soul to the Devil.

And I was rewarded with Hell.

The true story is that I believed, at the time, that Satan already owns us. So what's the harm?

But I made a mistake.

The other truth is that I actually did it for something else. I did it for love.

The one that got away. Or so it seems.

The one that made me feel special. The one that left me yearning to feel it again.

But, oh no, it wasn't a love story. It wasn't even sad. But dissapointing. It left me questioning everything.

Will I ever see him again?

Am I special, or even relevent?

My mind told me that there is a way to be special.

I damned myself without intention, and it won't matter how I live my life.

I seperated myself from reality and from everything I ever knew. Including my sanity.

I alone did this to myself. But that doesn't mean it didn't take a little bit of help.

That's why I lost everybody. I have stayed away from my best friends. Because I was afraid. Sure, they don't know what I am. But that's exactly why I didn't just abandon them altogether. Because they didn't know. And I was safe.

But this wolf is unpredictable and unreliable. And it doesn't care about any of that, obviously.

So my friends don't know I'm a monster, but I guess that's about to change. I guess I can't have anything.

But I'm determined on keeping this a secret. I'm just not ready.

Sometimes you have to do things, whether that means hurting a loved one or just scaring the shit out of them.

I can't afford to lose her. I'm not strong enough.

So when I leap, I leap to save myself. Without hurting her. I leap with all my might.

With the door wide open, I shoot right in. I land on the plush carpet. The quiet talking from the televisions creeps through the silence, while the sweet scent of cinnamon hangs in the air.