Your Resistless Allure

Nothing makes sense.

It stopped making sense a long time ago.

So why do I keep getting surprised?

Because life is full of surprises. Even when you think there's nothing that could possibly throw you off so.

It's just one of those irritating things that sneaks up on you when it's least expected.

The sharp ring protrudes it's way into my thoughts, causing me to jump. I curse under my breath, irritated that I let myself off guard so easily. Teenagers flood all around, pouring out the single doorway. It was third period, so now I've gotta drag my ass to Mr. Munroe's classroom.

I hadn't even remembered about school until my mom decided to remind me at the last minute. She stormed into my room at around 7, calling me a sloppy pig and exclaiming about how she has to do everything. After I didn't get up, she stomped around the house, yelling at me about how if my dad were here, I wouldn't be acting this way and then she broke down in tears, wailing.

I left instantly. I'd far rather sulk around at High School than deal with that mess. She was already fuming after I'd come home at four in the morning covered in mud and dried blood the night before. I simply shrugged her off and crawled into bed.

My binder hits the floor with a light thud. I mutter and rise out of the desk, glaring at the clumsy, inconsiderate humans swamping past.

Books and binder grasped firmly in my arms, I follow them out of the door. I worm my way through the crowded hallways, meeting hateful stares along the way. Finally reaching my locker, I swiftly enter the combo and shove my books inside.

My backpack swings around as people shove past, causing me to stumble. Laughter echoes around the halls, and names are thrown back and forth. The population of students that attend the school is around 500, and the school itself is quite small.

It's split into several pieces, consisting of two gymnasiums, one cafeteria, and halls for each grade level. The main building houses the administration office, with two halls leading to opposite directions. The hall to the left is the freshmen and sophomore hall, while the hall to the right is the junior hall. The senior hall is its own building behind them. A little further behind lies the two gyms and further to the right is the cafeteria.

All of which is connected by a network of sidewalks, shared by the middle school, a two minute walk away.

The school is petite, quite unlike the sins constantly progressing through it. Fights once or twice a week, drug deals every day, impregnated students every semester, bullying around every corner. It's far outside the norm for any week to go smoothly and event-free. I, for one, don't like to take the cockiness and garbage the blind humans like to throw my way.

A body slams into mine, sending me reeling against the lockers. I quickly regain composure, whirling around. A tall brunette flashes me a smirk, turning back around to meet a group of her underlings. Her sleek body is defined by the small clothes that stick to it, and her face is alive with self satisfaction and fearlessness. If she wasn't so pathetically human I'd insist she was a vampire or even an angel. Too bad she's disgusting in every other way.

I low growl rumbles from my throat, my fists clenching. I study her lean form, resent bubbling inside me at the thought that I couldn't shift and mutilate her. Her obnoxious laughter bounces around the hallway, sending the admired glances of the other humans her way. 

To sum it up, I'm certainly not past fucking up a bitch that looks at me funny. Or pushes me around. Whatever the case. I just make sure to let the public think that I'm a really good fighter, and keep my wolfish side on a leash, which can be quite the challenge.