Chapter 2

Tobias goes to the emergency leader meeting he called straight after breakfast. Though the atmosphere in our group is light Peeta and Katniss seem exhausted.

“Yeah,” Christina says when I mention it later. “I heard Katniss get up in the night. After 10 minutes I went and looked everywhere for her. I found her and Peeta looking out over the chasm. You would have known that,” Suddenly her tone isn’t serious buy joking. “But you were with Tobias, as usual.”

I blush.

“I slept on his sofa, Christina.”

 I elbow her.

“I feel so bad. Can you imagine life in those arenas?” I ask sadly

“No. I really can’t.” She sighs

Tobias doesn’t show up until dinner and he sits down, grinning.

“Cheer up.” He says to Katniss and Peeta. Katniss scowls and Peeta doesn’t even look up. “I have good news. I just talked to the leaders of Dauntless and the other factions. We have decided we are going to come together and use our various skills to help you rebel against the Capitol.” He says.

Katniss and Peeta look at each other and then at Tobias.

“It was Tris’s idea.” He adds

Peeta, Katniss, Gale and Delly all hug us.

“Thank you.” Katniss whispers in my ear, her arms around me.

“It’s OK. I want to do this.” I tell her, and I really mean it.