Chapter 5

I lay on my back, pressed to the ground. Tobias kneeling over me, his hands pin my arms to the floor.

“And that’s how you pin someone down.” He finishes

“Whoa, I thought you too were Stiffs!” Laughs a Candor boy

I feel heat rush to my face and see Tobias blush. He gets up and I scramble to my feet.

“Careful Candor.” Tobias says, throwing the boy a dangerous look.

“Now, you lot try.” He says to the group.

Two Amity girls look horrified and end up in a giggly heap on the floor. I sigh.

“No, like this.” I say, pinning one of them swiftly

Her friend laughs but the girl I’ve pinned nods intelligently. When I look back later she looks like she’s doing well. The huge training room is packed. Christina and Uriah are teaching their group the same skill we are teaching ours. Katniss and Gale are using the knife throwing targets for archery practise. Delly is in the cafeteria doing a lesson in communication. Meanwhile, Peeta is huddled in a corner showing his group how to camouflage yourself into a tree. He smiles as his group attempt to reproduce the amazing bark-like pattern covering both his arms. For the first time in a long time he looks truly free and happy.

“Beatrice?” Comes a familiar voice.

“It’s Tris.” I reply

“Tris.” Caleb amends “Am I doing this right?”

I wrestle him to the ground and pin his arms to the floor.

“What? Getting beat up by your little sister?” I grin “Yep, you’re doing it perfectly.”

He smiles and I help him up.

“I wasn’t ready!” He protests

“Yeeeeah, right….” I laugh