Chapter 4

“Right, Erudite,” Tobias says. As a dauntless leader is he is in charge, “how many of you actually need those glasses?”

Not a single hand goes up.

“Ok. Get rid of them.”

He moves over to Amity’s tables.

“We’re taking you lot off of the Peace Serum.” He says and the Amity respond with an explosion of giggles.

Candor are told to stay as they are, as are Abnegation. All the factions are separated around the room. Tobias starts to introduce us. He pulls Katniss and Gale to their feet.

“This is Katniss Everdeen and Gale Hawthorne. They will teach you to hunt. This will include how to shoot a bow and arrow, how to set traps et cetera.”

Tobias pulls Peeta up.

“This is Peeta Mellark. He will teach you survival skills such as camouflage among other things.”

Delly is grabbed by the wrist and Tobias introduces her too.

“This is Delly Cartwright. She will help with attitude towards the fight. Her expertise lies in negotiation and communication.”

Lastly Tobias introduces Uriah, Christina and I.

“This is Christina and Uriah. They will take half of you for general fight training. This includes knife-throwing, hand-to-hand combat and general fitness.” He puts a hand on my shoulder. “This is Tris. She and I will take the other half of you for fight training.”

He looks around the room and starts to make mixed groups with all factions and ages in. I see Caleb standing amongst his group. I stretch up and whisper in Tobias’s ear, pointing at Caleb’s group.

“We’ll take you first.” Tobias says to Caleb’s group.