Helping A Friend

Jay's POV:

Ever since I got a phone call asking if I had trouble in bed, I feeling a feeling deep down in my gut that is was Dani and one of her friends.

Rider picks me up and I find Dani is already in the backseat. He usually picks her up first because you know, Ladies first.

I throw my backpack onto the floor in the backseat and I hear Dani groan.

"Sorry." I say as I climb into the front seat.

"Next time please remember that there is another person in the back." She says with some sass.

"Alright I will."

Without another word Rider steps on the gas and it launches us down our street. It seems like someone is in a hurry to get to school.

"What's the rush man?" I ask holding onto my seat.

On the main road we pass many cars and even a sign that tells us what the speed limit is and it's 45mph and I look at the dash to see Rider is pushing 65mph.

"Rider slow down. I don't want to spend the last minutes of my life in this car." Dani says and I look back at her to see a mortified look on her face.

Then finally Rider slowly but surely takes his foot off the gas and goes the right speed.

"What was that all about?" I ask

"A girl told me she wants to talk to me at my locker before school starts." He says and both Dani and I give him the death stare.

"So you were putting our lives in danger for some girl!" Dani snaps and Rider flinches

"Yes." He mumbles

I feel the need to slap but yet high five him at the same time. I know it's a weird combination but Rider not good with the ladies, he always gets nervous talking to girls. So I'm usually the one who talks to girls for him unless I'm not around then Dani helps him out.

I just can't believe that Rider would be such an idiot to do that. He normally doesn't do that, he's usually a great driver but not today.

We get to the school parking lot and Rider parks the car and we all hop out. I don't think of my actions at the time...I just do, I jump Rider.

As soon as he closes the driver door I run around the car and push him body up against the side with my hand around his throat.

"Don't you ever do that again!" I growl

"JAY!" Dani yells and I look at her to see the look on her face. It looks like she has seen a monster.

I slowly let go of Rider's neck and he takes off running towards the front door to talk to the girl. I look at Dani but she just shakes her head and walks past me.

I thought I was doing something right but now I realize, it was the wrong decision. I grab my backpack from the backseat and push the buttons to lock Rider's car.

I get into school and find Dani waiting for me with her arms crossed over her chest. "What?" I ask.

"Oh you know what. Why did you do that to Rider?" She asks softly trying not to draw attention to us.

"Because he could have got us killed Dani and for what? Talking to some girl." I say trying to keep my voice down.

"That girl he is talking to, right now is Becky Jackson. The most popular girl in school. Think about Jay, Rider has never talked to a girl alone before. The one time he does it's her."

She has a point. Rider has been chasing after Becky since day 1. He's always wanted to talk to her but never found the courage to try, I mean think about it. Would you talk to the hottest and most popular girl in school or you just avoid it and talk to the people you normally talk to?

"I'm going to let you think about that." She says before she walks off leaving me deep in my thoughts.

In seconds the place that was once filled by Dani is now filled by some girl with really big glasses and braces.

"Hey Jay." She says with tons of spit. "How's it going?"

"Um...I'm sorry if this comes out as rude but do I know you?" I say wiping the spit from my face.

"Not really...I usually hide behind a camera. I'm on yearbook and I made a page that's just of you...wanna see?"

As soon as she says see tons on spit goes everywhere.

"Uh yeah sure."

She excitedly pulls pulls out a binder from her backpack and flips it open and finds the page of me and hands it to me.

I have to admit it looks ready cool.

"Did the yearbook teacher approve this?" I ask and she nods. "That's really cool."

"Thank you! I'm glad you like it!" She says as I hand her back the piece of paper.

Then I turn to my locker to close it. Then I turn back to her but she's gone...weird.

She's kind of a creepy person anyway so it makes sense.

I walk down the hall and right as I'm about to turn at the corner I hear Rider and I'm guessing Becky talking.

I peek around the corner and see that I'm right.

"So do you maybe want to go out sometime?" Becky asks twirling her hair with her finger.

Here's my chance...I walk over to Rider and Becky.

"Hey Rider! Oh hey Becky." I say as I put my arm around Rider's shoulders.

I can tell he is too nervous to talk...so I guess it's up to me to do the talking.

"Becky...Rider would love to go out with you sometime." I say. "How about Saturday night...Rider has been dying to see The 5th Wave."

"That's sounds great! See you then Rider." She says very flirty before she walks off.

"There you go dude." I say turning him around and we walk to class. "I don't hear a thank you."

"Because I was about to answer." He says pushing me away. 

I can see it in his eyes that there is really something wrong. This isn't the Rider I know, almost killing Dani and I just to get a girl, not asking for help when help was truly needed. 

"Rider is everything ok?" I ask and he just stomps off before he answers me. "I think it's time to find Dani."

I take off running in the opposite direction and start looking through all the classrooms until I find Dani's classroom. As soon as I walk into the room Dani looks up from her phone and raises an eyebrow. 

"Dani...there's something wrong with Rider." I say out of breath.

"Why do you think that?" She asks concerned

"Excuse me but I'm going to have to cut this chat short. It's time for you to go to class young man." The teacher says pointing towards the door.

"Alright. Meet me at lunch." I say to Dani as I walk towards the door.

Well...that was a bust. Stupid teachers...I hate it when they come into your conversation...this isn't your conversation. Would you like it if I interrupted your conversation...no you wouldn't!

I walk down the hall towards my class and I quietly open the door and sneak into class.

"Glad to see you could make it." The teacher says without turning around...how do they do that?

~Author's Note~

Hey guys! Sorry I haven't updated in a while been super busy! But I hope you like this chapter, I know not much went on in this chapter. This chapter was more of I wanted to write instead of having an idea for a chapter.

Vote, Comment, Follow!

I follow back!

~we_shining_stars~