We Invent a New Game Call Love

It's been a whole week since I kissed Dani and I start couldn't stop thinking about it. I kept replying that moment in my head. Yeah I've kissed lots of girls throughout high school but no kiss has ever been like this kiss. It wasn't just a kiss, it was like all my life I was waiting to kiss her and my life depended on kissing her. But I could tell it wasn't just one sided either. Did she want it do or did she just kiss me to kiss me?

But since that night nothing has happened. We kissed. It was the best kiss I've ever had but nothing has happened since that night. That's the night where I got hit in the face with a meatball. 

"Dude if you want something to happen, be the first to make a move." Rider says spinning around in my desk chair.

"What if she doesn't want anything to come out off that kiss?" I ask

"Dude it's Dani. I can tell she wants this just as much as you do." He sighs. "Plus now you are playing the what if game and that's not a good game to play." 

"I know I know. I'm just nervous." I rub the back of my neck and he looks at me and his eyes are the size of softballs.

"Jay, the big man on campus, is scared to ask out a girl he likes. Never thought I would ever see the day." Rider smirks crossing his arms over his chest. 

"Oh shut up." I mutter. "We all know how you are with girls, I'm the one who has to help you with them." 

"We aren't talking about me though, it's you we are talking about. The guy who can have any girl in school but the one he wants he's too scared to ask."

He's right, I'm captain of the football team. If I asked any girl to go out with me they would melt like puddy in my hands and say yes right then and there without thinking. But here I am thinking about the girl I want, the one I've known since we were six or seven years old and I'm too scared to ask her, what is wrong with me?

I sit down on the edge of my bed and think. "Don't think too hard about this. Just ask her." 

Before I know it my hand is reaching for my phone that is sitting on the bed next to me. "There you go. Come on just open your phone and text her." Rider says rubbing his hands together like he's been dying for this day to happen.

"Easy there buddy." I say with tumbling hands. As I try to type a text message to Dani.

"Are your hands shaking?" 

"Shut up!"

"Big man on campus is being a big baby." He laughs and I shake my head. I get that we tease each other over everything but with this I feel like it's different this time though. I actually care for Dani, a lot. But if something happens from all this I don't want it to ruin anything, our friendship or our YouTube channel. 

'Hey can we talk about what happened at dinner last week?' I hit send and fall back on my bed and let out a deep sigh. 

"So what did you say?" He asks

"Just asked if we can talk about what happened at dinner last week."

"Well hopefully she even wants to talk about what happened."

Hopefully she does because just thinking about this is killing me because I want to know what she is thinking since girls can be confusing as all hell. So hopefully talking about it can clear things up for the both of us.

Then I feel my phone vibrate on my bed and I quickly sit up in bed and reach for my phone. I see her reply and suck in a breath. 'Yeah we can talk about it, when would you like to meet up and talk?'

"She replied, didn't she?" 

"Yeah she asked when I want to meet up and talk."

"Say right now if she can."

"Why right now?"

"So you can stop stressing yourself out over this."

"Alright alright."

'Can you meet up right now?' I wait a few minutes before she gets back to me with her reply.

'Sure, want me to come over to your house?'

'Sounds good to me!' 

'Okay, see you in a few minutes.'

"Well?" He asks leaning forward in my desk chair.

"She's coming over now." I get up off my bed and walk over to my dresser and pull out a shirt.

"Dude are you seriously changing your shirt? For god's sake man it's Dani!" Rider exclaims. He does have a point, I've known Dani for most of my life and here I am deciding that I should change the way I dress just so we can talk about our kiss. What is with me?

Then the doorbell rings and I look at Rider. "Go and get the door dude!"

I quickly run downstairs and answer the door to find Dani waiting on my porch. "Hey come on in." I step aside to let her come inside before I close the door behind her.

"So with that kiss..." She starts and I look at her seeing where she is going. "That's what you wanted to talk about right?"

"Yeah it was. Since that night and that kiss happened it's been the only thing I could think about and I want to know what you are thinking about it?" I say scratching the back of my head. I was waiting to see what she had to say about all of this.

"Let's sit down." She says and I nod. I follow her into my living room and we sit together on the couch. "I'm in the same boat as you, Jay. I thought there was something there I just wasn't sure how you felt."

"Maybe this will make things clearer." I lean in closer to her and our lips lightly touch. Her arms wrap around my neck and mine around her waist. Once again I could fee the sparks. This was unexplainable, I was in love with one of my best friends. We break from the kiss and touch foreheads. 

"That definitely makes things clearer." She laughs and I smile. "So do we want this to be a thing?" 

"More than anything." I whisper

"I don't hear a lot of talking!" I hear Rider yell from upstairs and we both laugh. 

"Then let's make this a thing."