32: naughty twins

Itachi pov :

I saw her sneaking around so I body flickered to her side " what are you doing? " She shocks a little " heh... Erm... Let me go. "

Kakuzu: hyuri. Eat your medicine.

I grab onto her shoulder before she could body flicker " crap. "

Kakuzu: found you. Stop being wilful. Ever since you became pregnant you're getting harder to handle. Only itachi can handle you. Like a kid.

Hyuri: .... Can I drink later?

Itachi: you promised me.

She sighs and drinks the medicine. She returns the bowl " I'm going out."

I chased up to her and held onto her hand " I'll go with you. " 

hyuri: don't you have missions to go with kisame?

itachi: it can wait for a while.

________________________________

She had wanted to go to the nearby lake. She took off her shoes and walked into the lake. I looked from afar as she ventured deeper.She slowly goes down into the water. I panic a little and body flickers to where she was. I pull her up " hyuri. What are you doing?" I look to her stern.

hyuri: itachi.

She looked at me like she forgot I was actually there. I carried her in my arms and body flickered to shore. I put her on the grass " what's going on?" She looked up to me a little guilty "gomen. I let you worried."

I sit down by her side and she lays her head onto my lap. She buries her head in my lap " itachi... "

itachi: hm?

hyuri: I hate being a pregnant lady...

I stroke her hair " what are you talking about?"

hyuri: all I can think is what if itachi leaves me. I want to do something stupid so you can care and worry about me. But you have your important missions... so I come to this lake and try to wash it all away. 

itachi: hyuri.

She turns to look at me " hai?"

itachi: sit up.

She sits up and leans against my shoulder " what about it? itachi ? I cup both her cheeks and look to her features for a while. She starts to feel a little awkward and blushes a little. Kawaii. " what do you want?! itachi!!"

" gomene. " I put her head to my shoulder and hugs her " I can't be like a normal guy who accompanies you all the time. Even when you are so tolerant with my missing accompaniment, I can't pay you back with anything."

She pushes away " don't say that!! You're my husband. Waiting is my duty. Plus... itachi gave hyuri two little itachi. "

itachi: two?

She nods happily " hai!! Its twins. Just confirmed it last month. You weren't in though."

itachi: hyuri... can I tell you something selfish?

hyuri: hai?

itachi: even when these 2 twins are born, the only person I can really have space to put my eyes at is you and... sasuke. It's true I never really wished for these babies, but they are a part of you and me. But more then that, you are more precious to me then them. 

Her tears flow " itachi..." I could tell she was speechless.

itachi: I promised to protect you. I can't even fulfill that promise. I know you will try to make me protect them by using the excuse of me not fulfilling this promise. But I can't.

hyuri: why?!!

itachi: These babies... they will grow up to be healthy. I know that. They will have other people who definitely protect them. Not you, you reckless stubborn hyuri. That's why, it's you I have to protect.

She hugs me and squeezes me " baka. You did. You did protect me. You didn't kill me when you kill your entire clan. You were there when I am sad. You listen to my complains about you. You love me a lot. That's enough. That.... to me is protection... "

.

.

.

.

It was already evening and I could tell she was getting sleepy. I carried her on my back. "ja... I am going to sleep then. "

itachi: um.

We reached the base after a while. I put her down on the bed slowly not to awake her.But her eyes opened up a little bit " hehe. Itachi. " 

"go sleep."  I kissed her on the forehead wishing her a good sleep. I walked out the door to close it carefully when she suddenly screams " ah!!! " I open back the door " hyuri!! What's going on?!!"

hyuri: baby... wants to come out...

" what?!!" I body flicker to go find konan.

.

.

.

.

She grabbed hard on my arm and screams as she delivers the baby. 

She looks like she was having a hard time. I was getting really anxious for her. If only I can take away her pain somehow.She was panting and taking really deep breaths.

Finally the first baby was out. My face litted up as konan passed the baby to let me see " it's a little hyuri like we all wanted. " I looked to hyuri wanting to show her out baby, but she was still in labour and couldn't care much about me. 

She continued in her hard labour and after a while the second one was born. Konan smiled " hyuri. Omedeto. (congratulations) It is a little itachi like you wanted."

I looked to her for an expression. But her eyes were closed and her face looked pale. " hyuri !!! " Don't you die on me!! You can't do this to me when I said I would protect you. My tears started to flow afraid this would become reality.

I touch to her neck for a pulse.... " come on hyuri... " No pulse.

This can't be real. I dry my tears and body flickers to go find kakuzu " hyuri!! Help her. She has no pulse. "

Kakuzu uses two fingers and with a little electric current, he hesitates.

itachi: what are you waiting for?!!

kakuzu: this might not work.

itachi: try it!!

Kakuzu zaps hyuri a little. He gulps and put his fingers at her neck. Come on hyuri. You can't leave me like that.

kakuzu: ... she is alive.

I gave a breath of relief. My legs were going weak. I just didn't collapse. I look the the 2 babies at the side. You two little kids, naughty. Almost took my hyuri away. An unknown wave of happiness came over me.

A pair of twins... and an alive hyuri.

A/N: hope you guys like this chapter. Seemed so... adultish... Any names for our little itachi and little hyuri?