four ☼

"Why have you not been at school?" Calum whined into the phone once his blonde friend answered with a grumpy hum.

   "Now's not the time," Luke whispered.

   "Right, just get it done with you wanker. I'm getting some water," Calum stood up, bringing his phone with.

   He was used to the obscene noises coming from the phone, rolling his eyes at the way Luke couldn't keep quiet.

   Calum flopped onto his bed, lying on his stomach. He put his right earphone in, almost chuckling when Luke moaned Ashton's name.

   Five seconds after the blonde finished, it was Calum's turn to burst into laughter. "You're crushing on the teacher's assistant?!"

   "I thought you were getting water!"

   "I was!" Calum tried to catch his breath from laughing so much.

   "You're a dick. I wasn't at school because I have a stomach bug. I feel horrible."

   Calum chuckled slightly, "So all you can do is lay and wank all day?"

"Shut up, Hood."

Calum giggled, clearing his throat immediately. "Are you going to the tutoring today?" Luke questioned.

Calum frowned.

"Tutoring at 3. Biology."

   "Uh- yeah, I'll meet you there."

   "If I'm feeling better," Luke assured, making Calum frown even more. Sure, he needed the extra tutoring but he and Luke were always glued to the hip.

   "Yeah, yeah, blondie. Have fun wanking until then."

   "You're never gonna let this go, are you?"

   Calum smiled, Luke knew him so well. "Nope."

   Later that day, the brunette found himself wandering around the school halls, his hand sliding against the lockers.

   It was two fifty eight and he wasn't sure if he wanted to stay for tutoring anymore.

   He hated school, after all. Maybe he should just drop out.

   "Hey," a voice spoke in the distance.

   Calum looked up, oh so badly wanting it to be his blonde friend.

   "Good afternoon, sir."

The red head gave a nod of acknowledgement. "What on earth are you doing, wandering through the hallways at this time?"

The younger boy stumbled over his words. "I-I uh, was just leaving, actually."

"So soon?"

The brunette chuckled, walking towards Mr Clifford so that they didn't have to shout to converse.

"You just implied it was late, though," he pulled his bottom lip between his teeth. "My apologies. Would you like to join me? I'm heading to the library."

Calum didn't know what to say. Going to the library with a teacher? Doesn't seem too scandalous.

"Um-"

"Calum!" A very familiar voice shouted from a distance. The Kiwi cringed slightly as he turned to his blonde friend waving him over.

"Go in, I'll be there in a second!" He shouted back, the blonde obliging. Turning, back to Mr Clifford, the older man had a fond smile on his face.