eleven ☼

hi friends how r u

   Calum was in the car with Mr Clifford after school. They made sure to wait until all students were gone before leaving the building.

   "Where to?" Mr Clifford asked as he buckled his seatbelt, slightly struggling until it clicked into place.

   He turned to the younger boy and gave him an intense, green-eyed stare. Calum shrugged.

   "Anywhere but home."

   He cocked an eyebrow. Why would Calum not want to be at home? "Would you like to go to Luke's place?"

   Calum shrugged again.

   Mr Clifford rattled his brain for any sort of sign. He was quite slow with reading expressions.

   "What then?"

   The younger boy sighed, looking ahead of him. "Just drive," he ordered and Michael simply obeyed.

   As he pulled out of the parking lot, he felt a pressure applied to the side of his thigh. His eyes caught a quick glimpse of Calum's small fingers tracing around on the fabric.

   God, he gulped hard.

   Suddenly, he sharply turned the car into a different direction.

   The comforting yet exotic sensation from Calum's fingers made him take his bottom lip between his teeth.

   He glimpsed down at the sight again, only being able to see Calum's fingertips due to his sleeve coming down past his hand.

   "Where are you taking me?" Calum quietly asked, lifting his hand from Mr Clifford's thigh.

   Mr Clifford debated his decision in his mind. Calum was so small, so innocent.

   He wasn't going to pressure him into anything, anyway. Was Calum going to feel uncomfortable with his choice?

   He released his bottom lip from his teeth's grip. "My place."

   Calum nodded, expressionless. "Okay."

   Mr Clifford quickly muttered, "Unless you don't want to. I could drop you off at Luke's. Whatever you'd like." The car came to a stop at the red light.

   He unexpectedly felt breathing on his cheek. Eyes fixated on the road ahead of him, chills involuntarily ran down his spine.

   "I'd like to go to your place, sir," Calum whispered before backing away and giggling. He lolled his head to the side to face Mr Clifford again.

   As the car started roaming the streets again, Michael couldn't help but notice the stare from the corner of his eyes.

   A deep, unknown feeling settled in his stomach. It wasn't long before his house came into view.

   It was a one story, modern house. Not too small, but not huge either. Michael lived alone, anyway.

   He pulled up into the driveway, waiting for his garage to open. "Sir?"

   Michael looked at the boy, eyes blown slightly wide. "Yes?"

   Calum glanced around before asking, "I don't know how to have fun. Show me how."