six ☼

"You're close to failing," Mr Clifford sighed, leaning back on his chair. He asked Calum to stay after class to discuss the brunette's grades.

Calum shrugged, playing around with his sweater paw. He didn't dare hold Mr Clifford's gaze.

"You know if you fail English, you fail you entire year, right?"

He nodded, feeling ashamed. He's become lazy and all-in-all, he wasn't that brilliant with English to begin with.

"Do you need extra tutoring?"

Calum stayed still as if he was a rock, making the older man sigh again. "You need your grades higher, my boy. You're dismissed."

Calum scrambled to his feet, slinging his bag over his shoulder and exiting the classroom.

What if he fails his grade? He thought. A plan had to be made. In the meantime, he fiddled around with the note that Mr Clifford wrote for him to excuse him for being late to his next class which was maths.

Thankfully, he was absolutely great with mathematics.

Luke gave him a welcoming smile as he sat down with a sigh, taking out his books.

"Were you two gettin' it on?" He wiggled his eyebrows, earning a shove to the shoulder from Calum.

"No!" The brunette aggressively whispered, furrowing his eyebrows and blushing furiously.

The blonde raised his hands in surrender with a grin. The pair started their work after that, finishing their homework five minutes before the bell went.

They didn't want extra homework after school as well.

It was thankfully the end of the day, Luke going home with Calum. They were literally glued by the hip.

"Whatcha wanna do?" Luke asked as he started the ignition to his car. "Sleep," Calum mumbled, lolling his head to the side to face the window and closed his eyes.

"Very well," Luke nodded and continued driving, turning the volume of the music down a bit and turning the air conditioner on.

As the car made its way up Calum's driveway, Luke already started waking his best friend up.

"Wake up, buddy," he nudged the Kiwi boy's shoulder that was protruding due to his bent manner of sitting in the car.

Calum whined softly, indicating that we was very well awake but didn't want to be.

He sloped up the driveway and sluggishly made his way to his bedroom, Luke following close behind.

He pulled his pants down immediately and switched it for a pair of grey sweatpants, which was his usual attire for after school.

Luke did the same, borrowing a pair of Calum's sweats without asking. They were that close.

The blonde didn't want to sleep as he watched Calum literally crawl into his covers, mumbling incoherent and most likely explicit words.

So instead, he made himself comfortable on the carpet, lying on his stomach with his phone in his hands.

To / Ashton
What's up?

He bit his lip to prevent a nervous smile. Mr Clifford sure did make Luke's existence clear to Ashton.

From / Ashton
At school :( Mr Clifford has me helping him clean all the desks.

To / Ashton
Poor thing.

Luke bit his tongue slightly, he loved being sarcastic.

From / Ashton
How rude of you! I shan't clean your desk.

From / Ashton
Peasant.

To / Ashton
Says the person who's cleaning other people's desks :P

"Whatcha doin'?"

Luke inhaled deeply from the fright of Calum's sudden words. The Kiwi leaned over the side of his bed, wearing a curious expression on his face.

"Nothing," Luke replied, placing a sly smirk upon his lips. "Why did Mr Clifford ask you to stay behind after class this time?"

Calum's shoulders seemed to slump at the question. "My English marks haven't been good enough lately. If I fail, I'll fail my entire grade."

The blonde looked in thought for a few seconds before replying. "Bribe him."

Calum furrowed his eyebrows. "Bribe him? But I don't have a lot of money, dude."

Luke laughed slightly. "It's stupid, I know, but maybe. . . Seduce him?"

A lightbulb turned on inside of Calum's mind -- hypothetically speaking, of course.

"That's fúcking genius."

a/n: short chapter, I know. I was lying in the sick bay at school and quickly typed this ish

Idk if yall are enjoying the storyline :/