nine ☼

Calum laughed. He wasn't too sure why though as the atmosphere around the pair grew thick with tension and Mali's stern expression wasn't helping at all.

He coughed up his last laugh, wiping his smile away. Mali raised an eyebrow expectedly. "You're disgusting." She slammed the paper down onto the counter.

Her hands fumbled to get her bag and stormed out of the room. Defenseless, Calum stood frozen. Everything seemed to happen in a matter of seconds.

Mali wasn't going to tell anyone, he knew that. All his life, his sister endlessly protected him from any harm or consequences.

Calum didn't know what to do, though. Should he explain things to her? Not mention it ever again to her unless she brings it up?

He dragged his feet subconsciously towards the piece of paper titled, Getting an A in English. Sighing, he dropped his head into his hands. He got himself into some deep trouble this time, alright.

The next few days at school weren't as swell as he was hoping them to be. Much homework, assignments, not to mention, much reading.

   It was like Mr Clifford was purposely giving them a lot of homework.

This whole plan was meant to make Calum's school life a tad easier, not worse.

+

   "Calum."

   The brunette was broken out of his trance, mindlessly staring at his teacher. Mr Clifford wore a button up shirt -- the sleeves rolled up to his elbows -- and a tie.

   He looked absolutely delicious.

   The class awaited his reply. "Yes, sir?" He slightly smirked with obvious tired eyes. Mr Clifford sighed, straightening a few papers on his desk.

   Some students in the class snickered, probably thinking that there was some major beef between Calum and him.

   They had no idea.

   "I'd like you to stay behind after class, please."

   This caused a mini outburst of giggles erupting from the class. Calum only hummed, "Sure."

   After some time passed, the bell went and no student wasted time in pushing their way through the narrow doorway.

   All except Calum, of course.

   Once the room grew silent, a loud voice boomed. Cheerfully, might I add. "What's got you down, sunshine?" Calum's stomach turned from the nickname.

   He only shrugged, slowly standing up from his chair and turning his head to look at Mr Clifford. His white sweater hung loosely on his small frame.

   "No. Tell me," the older man demanded, causing Calum's heart to thud. He shook his head slightly.

   "When was the last time we kissed?"

   Shock spread along Mr Clifford's chest, tightening the muscles inside his throat. He cleared his throat before sighing, raking his fingers through his fading red fringe.

   "Too long ago," he whispered, loud enough for the brunette to hear and tint his cheeks.

   It was all too inappropriate, they both knew. Mr Clifford would be thrown into jail if authorities found out about anything going on between the two.

   In silence, the brunette stepped forward a few times with a pout on his face. He wrapped his arms sweetly around the older man's taller figure, pressing his cheek into his chest.

   Calum closed his eyes, letting the scent of him calm his nerves. He felt Mr Clifford engulf him with his own arms, applying slight pressure to the top of his head, most likely from his cheek.

   They stood like that for a while, Calum often rubbing his cheek against the soft fabric of the older man's shirt.

   "Okay." Mr Clifford pulled away, causing Calum to as well. The brunette kept a slight pout to his lips that was quickly molded with another pair of lips.

   All the sadness and worries that stayed trapped inside of the younger boy's mind flew out in an instant as he savored Mr Clifford's soft lips dancing against his own.

   In bravery, he slowly stuck out his tongue, swiping it across Mr Clifford's lower lip. This caused the older man to pulled back with a grin on his face.

   He chuckled before wrapping his arms around Calum's smaller frame, picking him up and connecting their lips once more before letting him down.

   Calum giggled throughout it all. Mr Clifford ruffled his hair, stating, "I don't want to see you frown days on end in my classroom ever again."

   The brunette smiled softly and nodded. "If a kiss is what you need, a kiss is what you'll get," Mr Clifford's words rang through Calum's mind.

   The older man made him feel like everything was going to be okay.

shortest chapter ever i know i know i didnt want too many things to happen
Will probs double update

thoughts? do you like where this story is going?

any guesses for the future?