Chapter Twenty-Four

It was the day of the dance, and everyone was getting prepared for it. Around five I started getting ready, three hours before everyone would arrive in their masks. My hair was curled with part of it pinned up, kind of like how Belle's is in Beauty and The Beast. I had on light makeup, and made sure that I looked my best, since everyone from school would be there.

After I was finally ready I had an hour to go, and sat down, staring at my shoes. I feel like I'm forgetting something, and gasp when I realize I forgot my mask at April's house. Walking over, I grab the key from under the doormat and unlock the door, then slowly walking towards April's room. Her mom spots me and waves, not confused on why I was in her house at all.

"I need my mask." I say, and April jumps, a fake eyelash flying out of her hand.

"I hate you with a burning passion, Arabella Stone." She tells me, her hand placed on her heart. I smirk and walk over, searching for the mask that covered my eyes.

"Anyways, do you know where it is?" I ask, and she shrugs. I begin to walk around, between Katie's room and hers, trying to find the mask. So far I couldn't, and groaned. It had been twenty minutes of me searching everywhere, and of April applying makeup.

"Where is that mask?!" I yell in frustration after half an hour. The ride to there was twenty minutes, and Shawn would be ringing my door bell in the next tempo minutes. If I valued my reputation I would come with a mask, no matter what the circumstances.

"Oh your mask? Right here." April says, lifting it from under her legs. I give her a deadpan look before pulling it out of her hands, and staring at it, making sure that nothing happened to it.

"Stop acting like it's a prized jewel, you literally got it from the dollar store." April smirks as I roll my eyes, and look at the clock to see I hade a good seven minutes left. I had no idea when Isaac was coming, and didn't want to get stuck when April's mom pulled out the camera.

"I'm going to go, see you there." I tell her, and walk out of her house. When I enter mine I look into the mirror to make sure everything is picture perfect, I hear the door bell ring, and at that moment butterflies erupt in my stomach. It's just Shawn. I tell my self, although I knew that was the problem.

"Apr- Shawn? Okay, I didn't expect Arabella to bring an actual guy with her." I mentally face palm at everything my mother was saying, and walk over to see Shawn, with his mask in his hand. He was wearing a suit and I felt my heart beat out of my chest, because he looked hot.

It's just Shawn. I remind myself, and wave to him, joining the conversation.

"Hi guys." I say, and Shawn stares at me for a few moments before snapping out of it and smiling back, greeting me.

"Alright, just one picture, and I'll leave you guys be." Mom says, and pulls out her phone. I roll my eyes playfully and Shawn catches me, grinning even more. When she tells us to smile Shawn wraps his arm around me and my heart beats rapidly, before I place a hand on his chest and smile.

After the picture we say goodbye and walk out, heading towards his car. When we get in he turns the radio on and drives, not a word being spoken.

"Ari?" Shawn asks, and I turn to face him, waiting for him to continue.

"I just want to say you look more beautiful than ever today."

And the butterflies go wild.

"Same to you Shawn. I mean, really, you clean up well." I say, and watch as his smile grows bigger. Making sure that the conversation doesn't cut short and the rest of the drive is silent I start a game of twenty questions with him, and soon enough we're in the parking lot, surrounded by teenagers.

We both leave his car and he puts his keys in his pocket before seeing all the teenage girls and putting his mask on. I can't help but laugh as I put mine on as well, and watch as he takes my hand, causing me to feel warm inside.

We walk inside of the building, surrounded by unfamiliar people in masks. I look around to try to find April, but I'm unsuccessful, because of the fact that everyone our town was here, dancing to the music. A lot of people were taking the theme seriously, because they were drinking with their pinkies up, there wasn't any grinding, and I could swear I heard some British accents as well.

"Bella, is that you?" I turn my head to face Marisa, or at least I thought it was due to the description of her dress and mask she gave me that night, and wave.

"Yeah, is that you Marisa?"  I ask, and she nods her head at me. Walking over she looks around.

"I'm not trying to be rude like Ashlyn was, but where's Shawn?"

"He's right-" I turn myself around to find that Shawn was nowhere in sight, and shrug. "Well, he was right next to me. I don't have a clue where he is now."

"Check the refreshments area, Rick is trying to drink as much punch as he can in under a minute." She tells me, and I thank her before walking over to the crowd. Finally I spot Shawn and wave before joining his side, but not interrupting the conversation he was in.

"Who's she?" The guy asks, and Shawn looks at me before answering.

"This is my friend, Ari."

Friend.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Mark." He says, and I finally pinpoint the familiar voice.

"Mark? It's Bella, what's up?" I say, and just to test Shawn I give him a one handed hug. I usually did that with all my friends, but Shawn didn't know that, so I smile as he stares at me. I could feel jealousy radiating off of him, but didn't care. If that's how he wanted to play, that's how we were going to play.

Apparently he caught on though, because soon enough it was a competition on who could low key flirt better.

And for a just moment, it looked like I was winning.

I'm working on a new fanfic guys because you loved this so much