Chapter Twenty-Six

Believe me when I say that April screamed louder than humanly possible when I told her. And it was ten pm, so who knows who was sleeping.

"Oh my gosh, are you kidding me? You've got to be kidding me. This is a joke. I'm being pranked. You're playing with me and my OTP, so leave us alone. I want proof." April states, pacing around my room. I pull out my phone and show her the goodnight text Shawn sent me, which was followed by a heart.

That fueled April's screaming for a little longer.

"Yes! Finally! I can't wait to tell your mom and everyone else. It was about time too, I was practically about to lock you two in a shack together and not let either of you out until you confessed your undying love."

I stare at April in silence for a moment before finally replying. "Um, first off, that's alarming and I'm going to have to leave 911 on speed dial whenever I'm near you. Second, we didn't 'confess our undying love for each other'. I don't even know where it's going to go from here. Shawn is going back on tour in a week, and I don't think long distance is going to work. Not to mention he'll meet models and beautiful girls all around the world. There's simply no space for me."

April groans. "Arabella Stone, I'm going to ask you one question. And this question is yes or no, which means there's no room for an excuse or twisted speech. Just a simple yes, or a simple no. Okay?"

I nod, and she takes a deep breath before asking.

"Do you feel happy with him?"

I don't answer instantly. Biting my lip, I think about everything we've been through, for day one until now. I look at the floor in silence, then finally raising my head and making direct eye contact with April.

"Yes."

She sighs in relief. "Then that's all that matters. Seriously, who cares about long distance? If you guys are goals, then you guys are goals, and nothing else matters. Oh, and not to mention that I'm pretty sure your zodiac signs are compatible."

April Baker is many things, and an advice guru is one of them.

I give her a hug, and when I thank her all she does is hold out her right arm, where she was wearing her best friend bracelet that we got a few weeks ago. Ever summer we would re-buy one, and each of us never lost one. The previous bracelets we wore are each in a separate box. One in April's room, and one in mine. Whenever we got in a fight and thought we wouldn't ever be friends again, the first place to go to would be the box. And if we couldn't find ourselves throwing away or destroying the bracelets, then the fight wasn't a big deal and we were still friends.

"Now I think we should have some best friend time before Shawn steals you and I never get to see you again." April says over dramatically, and I laugh before suggesting to play our infamous truth or dare that we hadn't played since the start of summer. April agrees with me instantly, and fifteen minutes later she's putting a jar of Nutella over her face.

"I hope my skin turns out smoother than ever because of this." She says, grabbing another hand of the hazelnut spread and wiping it across her face. I can't help but roll my eyes playfully at her, and stick my finger in the jar, then eating some of the Nutella that hasn't been rubbed over April's cheeks.

"If you aren't putting it over your face, you're not touching my Nutella." She says, and I laugh before grabbing some more from the jar.

Finally, all the Nutella is emptied from the container and spread across April's face. I laugh and take a picture, causing April to groan. I told her that I would be putting it on Snapchat, but both of us knew that I would just keep it in my phone as blackmail for later.