The phantom of the opera

Ok...I'm a little scared. Where is Oliver?

Evalina walked a little further into the room. In front of her, a big, black, curtain hung over a chained door, as if to hide something. To her right, there was a boardered up ticket booth with a worn out pamphlet that had the title 'Don Juan Triumphant' crossed out.

She looked to the left where she saw where refreshments and other goods used to be sold. All of the shelves were either halfway hanging or completely gone.

What is behind the curtain?
Maybe, Oliver is trying to surprise me?
Just as Evalina lightly touched the fabric, a deep, menacing voice spoke.

"Welcome back my love; oh how long I have waited for this day. This time, I will make you love me. This time you won't leave me."

Evalina's whole body went stiff. With little courage, she slowly turned towards the voice eminatting behind her.

"Oh!" she gasps. In the shadows, she saw a tall figure.
He wore nothing but black. A sliver of twilights rays streaked accross the room from the roof, eliminating the man's--mask?
The mask was white and had no openings, excluding the eyes, and like most of her surroundings, was worn out and old. Yet, she did see the beautiful, faded, designs on the side.

However, her attention was soon pulled by his eye's. His eyes were black, and had a craze look; as if he stared at the sun for too long.

Even though Evalina couldn't see the rest of his face, his eyes told her that he was grinning.

"Wh-who are you? Wh-why did you bring m-me here?" Evalina tried to sound brave, tried to sound strong, but her fear still showed.

The stranger started to chuckle very softly.

"My dear, you are finally home. My love, oh my angel. It has been 19 years. 19 horrible, excruciating years since our last performance. Your teacher- no lover, wants to hear your heavenly voice once again."

Evalina was shocked. She wasn't even born 19 years ago! Maybe he has her mixed up with someone?

"Um.. Monsieur, I believe you have the wrong person. I have never been here before in my entire life. I'm sorry. I shall leave you to your own devices now. Truly I am sorry for your pain. Good day to you sir."

Evalina was making her way to the front door when the stranger all of a sudden was

Right Behind Her.

"Leaving me again? I think not. How dare you forget everything we have been through! HOW DARE YOU! I will refresh your memory then, madame, but you will work for this. Bring me the bouquet of the black roses I presented you within this house, and I shall remind you what you have forgotten."

The stanger suddenly disappeared. He vanished like a ghost, leaving no trace or sound of his departure

"I am not going to humor your delusional fantasy Monsieur! I am leaving this estate and thats final!" Evalina pulled onto the doors handle but it wouldn't budge. No matter how hard she pulled, no matter how ready the door was to fall down in a pile if ash, Evalina could not open or destroy the door.

After her futile attempts, she tried the walls, the windows, even the floors. All was done in vain. She was trapped.

Alright you bastard. You want me to play your sick, twisted game? Fine. I will win. I will go home. I will be the victor.

***************************
Leave a comment!
Vote!
🙏😘