Lair

While the phantom was tying the boat around a post, Evalina was being reacquainted with her body. She felt cold, very cold at first, then she slowly began to feel her warmth coming back and found that her fingers and toes could move when SHE willed it. Anger and weariness consumed Evalina at the same time, giving her a massive headache. The bastard was a liar, a murderer, a kidnapper, and many other things, but despite those obvious facts, he was also a tortured soul that seemed to never experience human kindness.

Still, it didn't change anything. A gloved hand reached out towards Evalina. She took it, a little shaky as she was pulled up onto the small dock.

She needed a new plan. Obviously brute force was out of the picture, but if she could somehow use his past and outwit him, there could be some hope.

She felt her legs lose their strength and was stricken with disdain as she fell right into his arms.

Her body was still a bit weak, thus the reason the phantom began to carry her; her legs over his left arm while the other held her back.

Her head fitting perfectly on his shoulder.

They silently walked through large brick arches and passed caged rooms. Echos of dripping water and scurrying rats filled their silence.

The way they were proceeding was very complicated to memorize. At some points he took hard lefts with long and sharp rights, to straight long walks with barely any turns.

"Where..... are..... we?" She whispered.

"We will be out of the catacombs soon" was all he said.

Then after a short while, light outlined the sillouet of a door. Erik pushed it with his foot.

It creaked as it swung open. Evalina observed a once grand organ, covered in dust and cobwebs sat in the middle of a sea of low burning candles.

To her left she saw an old chifferobe, a changing station completed with a full body mirror, and a vanity set. To her right she could only see the darkness of what looked to be another part of the room.

"Welcome to my home" She turned her head, trying to face him. "Here our lives begin a new. This time, you will stay with me.