Joseph buquet

It was indeed a decayed body that was wrapped up in a crusted fabric.

Evalina crawled away so fast that the stench of death seeped through the air in the form of dust.

"Ugh!" her free hand flew to her nose, trying to block the smell.

Did he kill someone?

Besides the horrid smell, there was something else in the air. The sound of laughter echoed the stage, making the darkness even more disturbing.

"I see you've met Joseph." The voice was nowhere yet everywhere.

Evalina was even more terrified; more than ever before. Now there was going to be a body count.

"He was always causing trouble for me; always snooping trying to catch me. In the end, it was I that caught him."

What a monster. To kill someone it's just... just...

"I did it for us" he tried to justify it, "I did it to try and ensure our love. Though my efforts were in vain by that Viscount."

Evalina suddenly had the ability to speak.

"That is your excuse to kill? For love? What kind of love is that?"

Then, all of a sudden, her light went out.

Her eyes blurred from the sudden blackout, causing temporary blindness. She stayed still breathing slightly fast, anticipating.

The waiting seemed to take forever, her eyes adjusted to the darkness. She would have moved but something was telling her not to.

Her eyes were darting back and forth looking for HIM. She was taken back as she laid them on two burning eyes.

They gave off a fiery, ethereal glow. She opened her mouth her scream but was interrupted by a cold glove. Then the eyes spoke.

"I will only say this once" His voice was low like a demon "Our love is disfigured. Do you really think that all loves are the same? My Angel, all those lessons we spent together and did you truly learn?"

All Evalina could do was stare. The fear was stronger than before; much stronger.

The hand that stifled her gently removed itself but it's eyes stayed on her. 

"Fine the roses quickly. My patience is wearing thin" the eyes shut themselves leaving Evalina in total darkness again. For a moment, at least, the lantern spontaneously lit itself. The flames light on the walls made the shadows look like demons dancing around her.

Slowly she grabbed it, standing up, noticing that the body was gone.

Fear soon switched to relief, if only for a second. She lifted her head to sigh but the scream that was suppressed earlier released itself.

The body of Joseph was hanging on the curtains pole, swinging to and fro as if the kill was fresh.

***************************

comment and vote!

am I doing well?

sorry that it's short, had writers block. Also working on another story so check it out, let me know if it sucks.

peace