Strength

WHAT!?

HE JUST!........ WHAT?!

After his little..... Show of affection, the phantom was gone like smoke in the wind, leaving a sore throat as evidence of his being and the lingering feeling of his lips.

"HOW DARE YOU SIR! WHY CAN YOU NOT SEE THAT I AM NOT THE WOMAN YOU ARE SEARCHING FOR!? I....." Evalina's eyes began to sting.

"I just wan't to go home..." tears swelled, and overflowed onto the floor in silence.

She was scared and alone. Well, not entirely alone, but might as well be.

Stop crying. You can do this.

Her own words of encouragement was beginning to send a flame of bravery.

Thats right. I am Evalina, Victoria, De'changy. Daughter of a Vincecount and a renowned opera singer. I can do this.

After a quick wipe of her lips and tears, Evalina made her way towards the covered door and pulled the dust covered curtain.

When all of the dust subsided, Evalina saw a beautiful double doors that had the most enchanting carvings and design's.

Angels and flowers covered the doors, as if welcoming her to the garden of eden.

One of the Angels eyes looked upon her, reaching out its little chubbie arm while having a blank stare and an eerie smile across its wooden face.

The doors now seemed less spectacular the more Evalina looked at it.

Instead of welcoming her to patadise, they seemed to be tempting her to her death.

With all of her strength, both mental and physical, she grabbed hold of the brass handles and pushed the doors open.

"Oh!" Evalina gasped.

The entrance way was a sight to see, but the foyer!

Tall, white marble stairs were covered in cobwebs and the lights on its banisters were it too, was covered in spiderwebs.

At the sides of the stairs, she saw doors as well as more rooms upstairs.

To top it off, moonlight made the whole room algow like a ghost.

Where do I even start?

Since she was downstairs, she decided to look in the left room.

Spiders scuttled away as she approached the door, making her shiver in disgust.

When opened, Evalina saw a long hallway full of painting's.

Nothing too odd except that all of the beautiful faces where scrached out.

Eyes, sides of faces, mouths, hair, necks, even an outfit was cut out leaving each painting looking massacred.

Another odd thing was that all of the painting that were cut out were women.

The portraits containg men were all slashed in horrific ways.

Some of their necks were slit, faces torn to ribbons and at least 3 of them had red paint on them saying 'Don Juan'.

Why do such a thing to these painting's? Such a waste of beauty.

Evalina quickly made her way to the other side of the hallway where she faced another door.

Cautiously, she peered inside.

What she saw horrified her more than the paintings.

She saw three puppets dangling in the air.

A woman puppet, with long black curly hair and a beautiful pink dress was dancing with a man puppet dressed in all black, wearing a mask.

Not too far off, another man with a noblemans clothing, had cloth wrapped around his mouth and rope tied around both of his hands, hanging on a chandelier.

"That woman looks like... My mother!? Is that my father hanging on that chandelier?!
Don't tell me that man is.....!"

It couldn't be that masked fiend!

Dread filled her tiny frame as she began to realize... Whatever this was.

Its not your parents she told herself.

Its somebody else.yes... It has to be.

With her mission back in mind, Evalina searched the terrible ballroom but found no rose.

She did find a lantern that had oil and a candle, a small knife, and a small mirror.

Placing the knife in her hair and her mirror in her bag, she took out the matches from before and lit the lantern.

The room filled with the lanterns light, making the shadows deeper.

With haste, she made her way back to the foyer.

Then, all of a sudden, the world became a merry-go-round and Evalina fell to the floor.

The last thing she saw was a figure kneeling down blowing out her lantern and a hand, gently caressing her face.

************
Vote and comment pwease!
✌😘