Chapter 4

Tamotsu's POV

The genin test had begun and everyone was waiting for their names to be called. The girls were called first then once all the girls were done, the boys were called. So far, half of the boys had been called. Now, only a few people were in the room.

"Nervous?" Sasuke suddenly asked from beside me. I didn't asnwer but glanced at Naruto who sat a few seats in front of us.

"You are," he continued. Finally turning to him, I tilted my head slightly.

"And what makes you say that?" I asked calmly. He stared at me before answering.

"Cause you are, just not for yourself," Sasuke answered. I raised an eyebrow at him, confused. In responds, he did his signiture 'hn' before nodding his head forward. I looked forward to see who Sasuke had been indicating.

"I'm not worried for Naruto," I muttered to him while crossing my arms. Sasuke smirked and leaned back onto his chair.

"Of course you aren't, Twilight," Sasuke muttered, not saying anything else after that.

I was suppose  to be last since my last name starts with U and Naruto's name starts with N. Since the girls had already gone, Ino Yamanaka isn't the last one.

Minutes past and finally, there were only 3 people left. Me, Naruto, and Sasuke.

"Sasuke Uchiha," Iruka called making Sasuke stand up.

"Good luck Sasuke," I said to him as was about to go. Glancing back, he smirked and replied.

"Good luck Tamotsu," Sasuke said as we fist bump before he went in. Now it was just me and Naruto. To be honest, we should be arguing about who knows what by now. But, after yesterday, for the first time in our lives, it was.... Awkward.

We didn't speak at all, not a single word. It was just me laying my head on the desk while looking at Naruto who was panicking all over the place. Though, he didn't realize it, but I caught him glancing at me from time to time. Eventually, Iruka showed up.

"Naruto Uzumaki," Iruka called making Naruto even more panic than he already was. Just as he was about to go out, I spoke to him.

"You can do it, Naruto, " I said not looking at him. I could practically hear his body tensing but he didn't say anything as he finally went through the door.

____________________________________________________________________________________

It had been a while after Naruto was called when Iruka appeared again.

"Tamotsu Uzumaki, you are the last one" Iruka said which I nodded too. I went into the room to see someone else other then Iruka, probably a chunin. He didn't look suspicious, but there was something about him that doesn't give a good vibe.

"Okay Tamotsu, this is Mizuki, he will also be your judge for this genin test" Iruka said, I nodded.

"For the genin test, all you need to do is make a clone jutsu," Iruka said making me cheer mentally. At least I was right in guessing what the test was. I was about to do the hand signs when my mind drifted to Naruto. Hesitating, I did the handsigns and made 3 clones of myself.

Smiling, Iruka clapped and took a headband with the Konoha emblem on it before approaching me.

"Very good Tamotsu, here's your-"

"Did Naruto pass?" I asked Iruka, cutting him off. He was caught of guard by my question. Slowly, his shocked face turned into a nervous one.

"Um... Tamotsu, I don't think-"