Chapter 10

Tamotsu's POV

'I. Can't. Sleep.'

Naruto's team is doing some sort of test to see whenever or not they get to stay on the team. Naoki-sensei didn't mention anything about this so I didn't really pay attention much to it, but because Naruto didn't want to go back to the academy, he's practicing by punching some dummies in the living room.

'Normally this would be fine for me, in fact, I would have encouraged this even though it's in the middle of the night. But the thing about Naruto, is that whenever he punches the dummy, he thinks by screaming from the top of his lungs, he would somehow magically get stronger.' I thought as I tried to ignore the sounds, forcing me to stay awake.

After rolling around in bed, trying to get some sleep, I decided to do something about this and get up. Picking up my frying pan before marching up to the living room. As soon as I saw Naruto looking at the dummy like it was Sasuke, I broke.

"WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?!" I screamed as I slammed my frying pan across his head, his body instantly reacting as he slammed into the wall. Naruto groaned loudly as he curled his body, covering his head. He quickly stood up and faced me.

"WHAT DID YOU DO THAT FOR, TAMOTSU?!" He yelled as he got into my face, clenching the collar of my shirt. I hoped that gave him a concussion but I guess his head is to strong for that.

"WHAT DO YOU THINK YOUR DOING SCREAMING AS IF YOUR GIVING BIRTH?!" I asked him, my face clearly showing my anger.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN I SOUND LIKE IM GIVING BIRTH?!" Naruto yelled back.

"DO YOU REALLY THINIK SCREAMING DOES ANYTHING TO HELP TRAINING?!"

"OF COURSE IT DOES, IDIOT!! IT GIVES ENCOURAGEMENT!!"

"THE ONLY ENCOURAGEMENT I GOT WAS TO STUFF YOU IN A BOX AND SEND YOU TO THE MOON!!"

"WOULD YOU TWO SHUT UP!!!!!"

Both me and Naruto stood quite when the door slammed and a new voice screamed at the both of us. Slowly turning around, we saw Natsu, standing in the middle of the doorway, looking at us like a mother about to scold her kids.

Instantly, both me and Naruto got ready to get scolded by Natsu, but as his face morphed from anger to disappointment, we could tell he already had a rough day. Both me and Naruto looked at each other, ashamed, before looking down.

"We're sorry, Natsu," I said to him, rubbing my arm slightly.

"We didn't mean to scream at each other at 12 o'clock at night and potentially wake up the entire neighbourhood," Naruto said which made me jab him in the stomach. We glared at each other but didn't act out, not wanting to cause anymore trouble with Natsu.

Natsu looked at us as he stood in the middle of our doorway, his eyes darting between the tow of us before he sighed and rubbed his face. "Just don't do it again, okay?" Natsu said which earned  nod from both of us. Suddenly, Naruto spoke out.

"Are you okay, Natsu?" he asked, concern laced in his voice. As I looked at Natsu more carefully, I noticed the bangs under his eyes as well as his pale skin.

"Natsu, are you sick right now?" I asked as I stepped forward and placed my hand on his forehead. Natsu shook his head but sighed.

"No, don't worry. I just had a bad day today," Natsu admitted before looking at us with a small smile.

"Do you want to sleep here instead?" Naruto suggested as he looked at Natsu.

"I could make some tea if you want" I told him stepping aside so he could come in.

"No, it's fine, you seem to be busy at the moment," Natsu said as he glanced around at the equipment Naruto was using to train.

"It's fine, I can just clean it up-"

"Don't worry guys, I'm okay," Natsu said, cutting off Naruto before smiling gently at us.

"Don't go of screaming at each other again, okay?" Natsu said before stepping out of our apartment, towards his own.

Once Natsu left, I looked at Naruto to seem him looking at me and we stared at each other, having a silent conversation before I sighed and went back to bed while Naruto stayed up to clean his stuff. Putting away my frying pan, I slipped back into bed and stared at the ceiling before falling asleep.

_________________________________________________________________

The next morning, I felt restless as I got up from bed and got ready. When I was done, I went out of my room to see Naruto rushing about, his face showing full signs of panic.

"What are you doing?" I asked as I stifled in a yawn. Even though I usually wake up at 5, yesterdays event made me really tired.

"I'm late for my team meeting!!" Naruto screamed before running past me to the door.

"What about breakfast?" I asked just as he opened the door.

"Kakashi-sensei said we can't eat breakfast or else we'll puke!!!" Naruto yelled before stepping outside and slamming the door shut.

I stared at the door in confusion as I thought of what Naruto had said. 'If anything, not eating breakfast will lead you to lack of energy that could cause nausea and lack of concentration. Unless their training somehow involves spinning around for an hour, not eating breakfast would make things worst then throwing up.' I thought.

I was suspicious on what Kakashi was planning but decided not to dwell on it and continue getting ready for my own team mission. When it was 5.45, I finally went out of the house and headed towards the place Naoki-sensei instructed me too.

As I walked towards the cafe, I spotted Yoko walking around as she dragged Hibiki who seemed to have given up and was complying to whatever Yoko was doing. After looking at them for a while, I decided to do something.

Doing all the hand signs, I made a shadow clone. "Distract that girl as I get the boy away," I told my shadow clone which he nodded to an substitue as a cat before approaching the both of them. I watched as the cat pawed at Yoko making her look at it. Instantly, she fawned over it as she let go of Hibiki to pick up the cat.

As soon as she was distracted, I ran towards Hibiki and tapped his shoulder. Once he turned to me, I signaled him to hide which received an amused look from him though he complied. As soon as we got out, I looked at Hibiki who was looking at me with a raised eyebrow. I shrugged at him which received a sigh. As if a silent agreement was made, we both walked together towards the cafe, not a word uttered between us.

As I keep saying to everyone, I forgot this book existed. Sorry.