[8] Fears

A buzzing sound made you groan and stand up groggily from your bed. It was your phone's alarm.

You pick it up from your drawer and check the time and the notification. It was 12:37 p.m. and Mike had typed a message in the group chat of the nightguards, which you had been added to yesterday when you met them.

When your eyes adjusted to the brightness of your phone, you read the message.

Hey guys! Thought maybe we could hang out together for a bit. If any of you are coming, I'll see you in front of Freddy's!

The message made you smile a little. You dress up and call your mom begging she'll pick up since she never does when she's at work.

You wait 4 rings while biting your bottom lip praying for her to pick up. You really wanted to go out with actual friends!

Finally, she picks up.
"What do you want?" She asked annoyed.
"Uh, mom? I was hoping you would let me go out with some friends... from work!" You were nervous and tried to hide it the best you could.

"How many times should I tell you?! I. DON'T. CARE! Go where ever the heck you want!" She replied.

You sighed silently. "Ok mom... Thanks." You knew you had to ask her. Even if she said she didn't care, she would probably beat you or something if you went anywhere without her knowing.

You step out of your house and a tiny wave of joy covers you. You're out! And you have friends to go with!

You skipped to the pizzeria putting on your earphones and playing your favorite songs.

When you arrive, you see Mike with a dark red wool hat, sweater and dark brown pants, Scott with a bright red and black fennel shirt and dark blue jeans, Fritz with a blue hoodie and light blue jeans and Jeremy with a green turtle neck sweater at least 2 sizes too big for him and black pants. It felt weird to see them without their uniforms. You wave and start jogging towards them.

You reach them and greet them properly.

Scott turned to look at you. "Hey, (y/n)! Hope you like bowling because that's where we are going to today!"

You reply with a grin. "Yeah, I like bowling! I'm not too good, thought." You shrug still smiling.

Mike ruffled your hair, which you didn't really mind. "Nah, don't worry kid! The only ones here who can actually bowl are Vincent and Scott. Scott once almost had a perfect score if it hadn't been for Vincent distracting him."

You turn your head to look at Scott with wide, surprised eyes. "You almost got a perfect score?! Woah! You must be really good!"

Scott's phone turned slightly pink where the cheeks would've been, he was probably blushing because of the sudden attention. "Ha, yeah. Thanks! I guess I'm a pretty decent player! I got Vincent back for what he did, though. I don't think he'll ever try to distract me during bowling ever again."

"What?" You asked excitedly and curious. "How? How did you do it?"

"You see (Y/n)," Mike interrupts, answering for Scott. "there's only 3 things in this world Vincent is scared of and hates with all his heart; pink, communism and needles."

You snorted and raised an eyebrow. Such odd things to be scared of.

"Yeah, and Mike is afraid of centipedes" blurted Fritz with a giggle.

Mike's eyes widened at the word 'centipede' and you saw him shiver. He playfully slapped the back of Fritz head for revealing his little secret fear to you, which only made Fritz laugh louder.

"So... Is Vincent coming? You asked casually.

Mike froze as he slowly got a smug grin on his face.

You knew what was the idea you had just given him with that question and immediately regretted asking.

"Well, yeah." He said as he placed the tip on his finger on his chin childishly and pouted out his lips a little as if thinking. "Why?" He asked smugly. He started moving his eyebrows up and down at an inhuman speed.
If you hadn't been incredibly embarrassed because of the situation, you would've been laughing your butt off at this guy's face.

Your cheeks started heating up. "Just curious!" You quickly reply.

Just then, Vincent came into view. He wore a yellow button up shirt, a dark blue bow tie and black suspender pants.

"You're late, Grape" said Mike, loosing his smug smile almost instantly and crossing his arms. That was the fastest change in expression you had ever seen in your life.

"And you still waited for me, how cute." He said, looking at you as he emphasized the last word. You look away trying to get your (h/l), (h/c) hair to cover your reddened cheeks.

"Whatever," if Scott had eyes, he'd be rolling them right about now. "Let's go!" Scott said cheerfully and signaled all of you to start moving.

You follow behind along with the others.

You noticed Vincent slowly walking closer and closer to you with a casual smile. You kept slowly walking away like magnets that repel each other when they get too close. He continues to come closer, causing you to roll your eyes.

Vincent reaches for your hand to hold it, but you move it just in time while keeping a blank expression and avoiding looking at him. You hear a little growl come from him as his smile disappears for just a second, only to appear shortly after.

"Is that how you wanna play?" He asked, smirking again. You remained quiet and looking ahead, ignoring him. "So be it." He chuckled. "I like 'em feisty anyway~."